• June 16, 2024, 06:43:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Losing network connection  (Read 3395 times)

cridgeway123

• Level 1 Member
Losing network connection
« on: May 10, 2011, 06:37:19 PM »

I have a dns-323 that has fun plug and twonky installed.  Its been working perfectly for over a year.  Now I cant get access to the drive.  What I mean is I can watch streaming videos via ps3, but I can't browse in at all using a computer.  I want to move/delete/add files and I get :

Windows cannot access \\DNS-323
Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose.

I click Diagnose, and it returns:

The remote device wont accept the connection.

Im running windows 7 x64 and have updated my firmware to the latest 1.10 beta trying to see if this fixes the problem.  It doesnt.  Have also removed and went back to older firmwares and still have the same issue.

I can ping the ip number and it comes back right away.  But trying to jump in with a dos prompt gives me "The network path was not found"

Any ideas?

McPillager

• Level 2 Member
Re: Losing network connection
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 11:11:44 PM »

Try accessing the data using the IP instead of the name. If everything works then try to change the device name (NAS setup -> device -> name). Windows 7 should recognize the new name. If everything goes ok you should be able to change the device name back to what it originally was.

cridgeway123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:13:34 PM »

Gave that a shot and get the same network path not found.  Any other ideas?

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:32:16 PM »

Are you able to successfully ping the IP address?  Did you try validating the IP address through the IP table on your router GUI?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:37:06 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Steve Pitts

• Level 2 Member
  • A twelfth man at silly mid on
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 01:24:25 AM »

I can ping the ip number and it comes back right away
Are you able to get an HTTP connection to the IP address via a web browser?? If so, then one possible answer can be found in this post:

Re: Lost Volume_1, BT and Web Folder still there?

(I know it refers to Vista in the PDF name but it applies to Windows 7 too)
Cheers, Steve

Running a DNS-323 Rev. C1 with FW 1.10b5, fun_plug 0.5 and 1 Western Digital WD20EARS-00MVWB0, 4K aligned by 1.10FW, in Standard mode as a single volume