• June 15, 2024, 04:49:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: losing connection randomly  (Read 5106 times)

mikem

losing connection randomly
« on: January 12, 2009, 01:04:16 AM »

I've had my wireless network card for ages and i've had this problem since day one, although it doesn't occur daily, its more random. I'll be connected to the network when i start up my computer but after a while (ranging from hours to mere minutes) it loses its connection and when you try to re-connect it cant find the network. The only way to regain connection is to fully restart the computer, even disabling then re-enabling the adapter doesn't work.

My system Info:
Dlink - DWA 556 Xtreme N PCIe Desktop Adapter
Driver  - 6.0.2.53 - Driver for Atheros AR5008 Wireless Network Adapter
Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2 Version   5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
Intel core 2 duo 1.86ghz
1gb ddr2 RAM

My Server Info:
D-link DIR 655

This is all the info i could get at the moment but i could get more if its needed later. i really hope someone can help me fix this because too many of my belongings have been destroyed due to frustration.

arod

Re: losing connection randomly
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 08:55:07 AM »

mikem,

Update your drivers for you wireless adapter and firmware as well for the router. Also noticed you're still on SP2.. what's stopping you from updating to SP3?

On you wireless network (Router settings), try to specify a different channel and create another SSID if you don't mind trying.

mikem

Re: losing connection randomly
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 12:05:17 AM »

i've only just recently got the internet back (my dad took it away as punishment) and i hadnt thought of updating it. ive just installed the SP3 and new drivers for my side of things but i dont operate our server (my dad does and he's a real bad control freak) hopefully he will update his side of things too.

i'll get back to you if the problem persists