• May 23, 2024, 03:36:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless printing via Shareport  (Read 6762 times)

Grimmjow

• Level 1 Member
Wireless printing via Shareport
« on: October 30, 2009, 06:21:09 PM »

I am having a problem with the shareport, every time I print a document the last page is always incomplete. If I am going to print a page of a document, the printer will only print half of the document. Any solution to this problem?

Guyton

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless printing via Shareport
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 09:21:18 AM »

I am having a problem with the shareport, every time I print a document the last page is always incomplete. If I am going to print a page of a document, the printer will only print half of the document. Any solution to this problem?

Same here...  HP C3180, prints pages ok, others - incomplete, half the page, then spits the page out.  Seems to only affect pages 2 and onward, page 1 seems to be ok everytime.  It attempts to print, but I usually get half a line of text (just the top of every letter for a whole line of text) and then spits out the page.

Any suggestions???

Wand

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 02:49:33 PM »

I'm using a Brother MFC-290C on my home network with a DIR-625  and it works great.  I've attached a powered USB Hub to the SharePort and I've been able connect almost any kind of USB device to it and be able to use it on my network.  I do have one old laptop that has a problem losing the Shareport connection (probably due to going into standby, but if I disconnect and then reconnect before using it everything works fine.
Multiple PCs and Servers.  Support other installations.  Have used D-Link Products since 1986.

jonsone

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »

Anyone else having this issue?  I have DIR - 655, am using firmware version 1.33NA.  I have 2 laptops one running Vista 32-bit, one running Vista 64-bit.  I have a Lexmark X5650C All-In-One printer.  I can print with no problems when connected directly to the printer through USB.  Shareport connects without issue, finds the printer, starts the print job and then hangs up.  The page stops printing about halfway through and just sits there.  The page will sit halfway through the printer, I hit cancel job on the printer software and the job sits at "deleting" and will not move.  If I try to start a new job it it just sits behind the "deleting" job which never goes away.  The only way to make it go away is to start the computer over. 

Thanks for the help,

Jonsone

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 10:26:16 PM »

YES I am having very similiar issues....

I am bumping this thread to see how many others are also seeing this X64 problem....
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

jh

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 08:33:51 AM »

@Jonsone

Are you using SharePort v3.0? What Lexmark driver are you using? Are you using the Auto Printer Connect? Or connecting manually? Have you tried increasing the time after printing to disconnect (I think you click on the Optional Settings and click "Confirm" for this setting. Are you sure it works when directly connected with both laptops OK? Is there any wireless network connection problems from either computer?

shaLL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 04:48:19 PM »

Same problem; it doesn't print the whole document on a single page, it prints splits it up on to multiple pages.

@jh
I increased the time to it's max and it did not work.

spinradical

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 09:36:03 PM »

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  I am having the same issue with a HP PSC 1500 printer.