• June 16, 2024, 12:12:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-552 Cannot Detect Network Connections  (Read 12638 times)

IdealHelp

• Level 1 Member
DWA-552 Cannot Detect Network Connections
« on: June 27, 2010, 05:40:18 PM »

Please allow me to go ahead and apologize if this topic ends up being a waste of space. I made an effort to look through the problems people have had before and tried a few solutions (all of which I will attempt to list in this post) but to no avail.

My DWA-552 PCI Adapter cannot seem to find any networks. I had purchased this item nearly a year ago and never had problems with it before. This all started when I began receiving short periods of lag and "low-bar" connection strength. The problem ranged from low strength to being completely disconnected (having my computer automatically and successfully reconnect shortly after).

In order to attempt to solve this issue, I tried updating the drivers. When that didn't work, I went on to uninstall the driver completely and install a driver for the same software off of the D-Link website. This only seemed to make the problem worse. Now we finally reach the present. My adapter can no longer find any networks at all.

Here are my Specifications:
Motherboard: P7P55D Deluxe
Adapter Model: DWA-552
Router Model: Linksys WRT320N
Operating System: Windows 7

Here are a few things I've tried:
*Full Factory Reset on Router
*Reinstalling Drivers
*Restarting WLAN Autoconfiguration Service
*Reinstalling Drivers using the "in-box" install disk. (The exact method I used to install my card when I first bought it and had no issues.)
*Run a Windows 7 Diagnostic. The OS detected something wrong with my drivers:
"There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter"

None of the things I did seemed to work. I'm about ready to lose patience and drill a hole through two floors of my house just to set up a hardwired connection but I really don't want to let all the money I put into this card go to waste. Is there any other way I can get this card working?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 09:15:59 AM by IdealHelp »

jdubyak

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA-552 Cannot Detect Network Connections
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:03:31 AM »

I am in the same boat as you.  DWA552 worked fine for over a year and then just two weeks ago I started getting "very low" signal strength and many disconnects.  It can take as long as 2 minutes to get all of the advertisements to load up on my yahoo.com screen.  I tried all of the new drivers that I could find and none have helped.  I am using an Ant24-030 and I thought that might be the problem, so I removed it and tried the original 3 antennas.  With those antennas, I lose the signal altogether so I am guessing that the Ant24-030 is still working.  Now I guess that I will start looking at the DWA552 card itself.

IdealHelp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:13:36 AM »

One thing I neglected to add and will be adding to my initial post is that I ran a Windows 7 Diagnostic and the OS detected an issue with the driver of my adapter. Hopefully it's of help to anyone out there. I'll put it under the "Things I Already Tried" section.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 09:15:41 AM by IdealHelp »

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 01:07:31 PM »

Hi All,

When I beta-tested Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit Version on my Wireless Computer using a DWA-552 PCI Adapter, I had no problems. I was using the D-Link Drivers only for the Card and Vista Drivers.

What operating systems are you guys using with the card? Are you broadcasting your SSID Signal Name, or is it hidden?

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

IdealHelp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »

Hey thecreator; thanks for responding. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I apologize for being a little ignorant but I don't know what an SSID Signal Name is. I'll try my best to find out now and respond to you as best I can.

Ok. I am certainly broadcasting an SSID Signal Name. My sibling's laptop picks it up just fine as well as her iTouch so it doesn't seem to be hidden.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 09:01:18 AM »

Hey thecreator; thanks for responding. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I apologize for being a little ignorant but I don't know what an SSID Signal Name is. I'll try my best to find out now and respond to you as best I can.

Ok. I am certainly broadcasting an SSID Signal Name. My sibling's laptop picks it up just fine as well as her iTouch so it doesn't seem to be hidden.

Hi,

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DWA-552&tab=3

Download from Drivers version 1.60 from the link above after clicking on Drivers.

Unpack the Package and do not run Setup. Note the location.

Uninstall from Programs and Features, any D-Link Software.

Uninstall from Device Manager the Wireless Card and reboot the computer.

When it finds the D-Link Card and it installs the existing drivers, go to the Card in the Device Manager and Upgrade the Drivers downloaded. Do not use Setup. Point to Vista 64-Bit Drivers.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

thr63

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I'm running windows 7 ultimate and I'm trying to connect to a signal from a 2wire 2701HG-B router/modem. 
I've tried uninstalling the 1.70 driver (didn't fix the problem) and installing the v9.1.0.100 from Atheros (http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/14833-latest-atheros-wlan-drivers-for-windows-7-and-vista-x86-x64/).
I can't flash my router with DD-WRT either.

Thanks

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 01:51:16 PM »

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I'm running windows 7 ultimate and I'm trying to connect to a signal from a 2wire 2701HG-B router/modem. 
I've tried uninstalling the 1.70 driver (didn't fix the problem) and installing the v9.1.0.100 from Atheros (http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/14833-latest-atheros-wlan-drivers-for-windows-7-and-vista-x86-x64/).
I can't flash my router with DD-WRT either.

Thanks

Hi thr63,

You can't flash your Router, over a Wireless Connection. You must be connected via an Ethernet Cable, one that is connected from the computer to the Router, itself.