• June 15, 2024, 10:19:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot find firmware upgrade.bin  (Read 15370 times)

jessper

• Level 1 Member
Cannot find firmware upgrade.bin
« on: October 09, 2008, 12:04:31 AM »

Hi there, we are trying to upgrade the firmware of the DSM-330 but it won't accept the firmware that we've downloaded on the support site.  The filename of the firmware on the support site is 1.1.2.00037_BugZapper-dlink-USA_complete.bin.wrapped4. Below are the testing that we performed in upgrading the firmware.

1. Original firmware from the support site: 1.1.2.00037_BugZapper-dlink-USA_complete.bin.wrapped4
- Saved the file in a root directory of USB flash drive
- Connected the USB flash drive on the USB port of the DSM-330
- Press the following numeric sequence on the remote: 2828464631 to locate the firmware on the USB flash drive got an error message "unable to find update.bin"

2. Renamed the firmware file to 1.1.2.00037_BugZapper-dlink-USA_complete.bin deleted the previous file and save the renamed firmware file to flash drive
- Connected the USB flash drive on the USB port of the DSM-330
- Press the following numeric sequence on the remote: 2828464631 to locate the firmware on the USB flash drive got an error message "unable to find update.bin"

3. Renamed the firmware file to 1.1.2.00037.bin deleted the previous file and save the renamed firmware file to flash drive
- Connect the USB flash drive on the USB port of the DSM-330

4. And lastly, Renamed the firmware file to update.bin deleted the previous file and save the renamed firmware file to flash drive
- Connect the USB flash drive on the USB port of the DSM-330
- Press the following numeric sequence on the remote: 2828464631 to locate the firmware on the USB flash drive got an error message "unable to find update.bin

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Cannot find firmware upgrade.bin
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 08:55:12 AM »

Please try downloading it again. We did have an issue with the first file posted and have now replaced it about a week ago it looks like this is the issue you are having. The file should download as DSM-330USA_1.1.2.37_prod.zip and you will see a update.bin and readme.txt file located inside the zip file. You will only need the upgrade.bin on the root of your thumbdrive.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

fpisti35

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 02:56:04 AM »

Hello Everybody.

I bought a DSM-330 player on last week and I had a lot of problem but now I done it.

First the player didn't connect to my SKY Netgear Router. I couldn't update my 1.0.0.11 firmware.

I called D-Link customer service but they couldn't help me.

They said my player is fault and they changed it but the replacement unit had all same problem.

I bought a used D-Link router from eBay (0.99 Pounds) and the connection will be right.

If you download a new firmware the update manual paragraph 4 is not correct.

If your player has a 1.0.0.11 firmware on the main setup second page hasn't  "USB Firmware Update" option.

You must write 2828464631 numbers to the blank screen.

Now my player working well with new firmware.

I hope I helped some people because I fit it over two days and didn't find good help anywhere.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 02:58:10 AM by fpisti35 »

MRH2291168

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 11:41:51 PM »

Thanks for your solution thread, but I recently entered a thread,which complicates the scenario, as the RC is not behaving, and is taking inumerable presses to react.Can one purchase a replacement RC, is it possible have the unit checked out.