• April 22, 2019, 11:14:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Google Chrome no longer works  (Read 198 times)

classicgmr

• Level 1 Member
Google Chrome no longer works
« on: March 19, 2019, 12:49:38 PM »

I have Google Chrome installed specifically for this program. It has always worked before. I last used my camera a month ago.

I decided to plug it in today in the living room to keep an eye on the couch-eating dog.  >:(

I can access the camera through my DLink Lite app on my phone but my laptop will no longer access the camera via the website. The website loads, I get a green checkmark next to the camera and the mydlink services plugin loads to 100%. Everything looks normal. BUT from there all I get is a spinning wheel. After it times out I see:
Unable to access your DCS-934L.
If you cannot access your DCS-934L, please check that:
You have at least 256K of bandwidth
Your DCS-934L is not being blocked by a firewall or an antivirus program
Refresh

Chrome version Version 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) (fully updated). Java is enabled. I also added the website to Content Settings -> Javascript -> Allow.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: Google Chrome no longer works
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 01:51:39 PM »

Try IE11...
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

classicgmr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 03:39:44 PM »

Sorry I should have mentioned that as well. IE 11 does the exact same thing. I tried a browser someone mentioned called PaleMoon but it also does the same thing.

I have cleared all history including login information. Rebooted. Logged back in. Nothing. Java is also up to date.

EDIT: I uninstalled the plugin and downloaded it again fresh. Rebooted then logged back in. Same result.

I also tried this on my tower and my wife's laptop. No love on any system.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 03:51:18 PM by classicgmr »

classicgmr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 04:16:42 PM »

OK so I don't know if I had an IP conflict (even though the app worked fine) but rebooting the router and every device connected to it - including our phones and my wireless printer - and I have access again on my laptop.

That is an odd problem considering I could get right to it on LTE and WiFi on my iPhone.

Call it solved I guess. :) Thanks for looking into it with me. :)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 06:00:14 PM »

Glad IE worked. Mozilla removed support for plugins in recent browsers. Last working version of FF is FF esr v52.9.
Enjoy.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!