D-Link Range Extenders > DAP-1860

Interfacing the DAP-1860 to the DIR-895L

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pahoo Katawah:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on February 17, 2019, 12:14:10 PM ---I would try moving the DAP a bit farther away from the DIR router. The wifi coverage to have too much over lapping signals between the two. Try 20-30 feet and see.

--- End quote ---

OK, just did but my thumb hit the WPS button :P so had to do some running. Will check now.
 ;)

Pahoo Katawah:
Holy Mackrel!! 

Just went to TestMy.net using the iPad in a bedroom upstairs and clocked 97.9 Mbps download! NEVER saw that before with that device.

I'm going to shutdown this laptop and plug in a DWA-192, then reboot and set it to ac exclusively. Then, after disabling the built-in n adapter, do a re-boot and see which it connects to and run another speed test, then maybe manually connect to the opposite device and do the same thing.

;D ;D ;D

Pahoo Katawah:

--- Quote from: Pahoo Katawah on January 14, 2019, 01:17:01 PM ---I just received the dap and did a wps button connect, which appeared to be successful. However, all the devices appear to connect to the router and ignore the extender, even after they choose the extender for connection; at some point they revert back to the router. I'm talking in the neighborhood of 11-12 devices.
I would appreciate any help/suggestions. I do have time to return the extender for credit but fact is, I should "need" it!

Pahoo

--- End quote ---

Thank you! This issue is now resolved. Please close it and ...

Thank You!
Pahoo

FurryNutz:
So what seem to fix this?

Pahoo Katawah:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on February 17, 2019, 06:59:44 PM ---So what seem to fix this?

--- End quote ---

Exactly what you suggested. I moved the Extender up a floor to one above the ground floor where there is a lot of web activity, while the Router remained where it was one below the ground floor, also a lot of web activity (actually, all floors have a lot of web activity totaling > 16-17 devices). In terms of angles, the Extender is directly above the Router.

Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version