The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-880L

DIR-880L DHCP failure in Bridge mode?

<< < (35/35)

jslenterprises:
In Router mode, if you attempt to login to mydlink on the router, it will also kill DHCP.

FurryNutz:
I haven't seen this issue in router mode.
What version of FW are you using?

--- Quote from: jslenterprises on August 13, 2019, 03:28:56 PM ---In Router mode, if you attempt to login to mydlink on the router, it will also kill DHCP.

--- End quote ---

jslenterprises:
it did this in b02-i3se, b02-icl9 and even the b01-beta2 you were investigating above. This is with a saved config, and freshly reset, unconfigured router (no wifi, just physical lan - signing into mydlink will cause dhcp to break.

I almost think there is a syntax error or expected field mismatch created in the config when you save any settings after you've signed into mydlink on the router.

1.08b06 was the last firmware to work without any glaring issues.

FurryNutz:
Where are you signing into mydlink?

What happens if the router is not associated with mydlink?

I guess over all, users will need to be careful. This only seems to effect wireless bridge mode. User can either use v1.08 or v1.20. The router is EOL. Users can also check into DD-WRT FW as well.

--- Quote from: jslenterprises on August 13, 2019, 03:55:37 PM ---it did this in b02-i3se, b02-icl9 and even the b01-beta2 you were investigating above. This is with a saved config, and freshly reset, unconfigured router (no wifi, just physical lan - signing into mydlink will cause dhcp to break.

I almost think there is a syntax error or expected field mismatch created in the config when you save any settings after you've signed into mydlink on the router.

1.08b06 was the last firmware to work without any glaring issues.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version