• April 20, 2019, 09:16:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Internet slow through DIR-655, and can't see new modem status page  (Read 1790 times)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: Internet slow through DIR-655, and can't see new modem status page
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 08:45:08 PM »

Ok, making sure is all.

So you may have a router going bad. Try some of the other suggestions.

I would go to BestBuy/Frys/OfficeMax or a local store with a refund policy and get you a new router and test it out. If the new router is good, I presume the 655 would be the problem.  :-\
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

Replicon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 08:46:38 PM »

Alrighty, I'll check into it and let you know. Thank you SO MUCH for the help, this was incredibly useful and enlightening. :)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 08:48:59 PM »

Wish something had worked to fix this. Maybe beyond fixing. We tried. Let us know how it goes.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

Replicon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2018, 06:03:08 AM »

I replaced it with a Motorola MR2600, and it's working great through the router out of the box:

Modem status is also looking pretty good, as I'd expect; they ought to be testing their own equipment working well together without needing much customization. This is a good setup too, in case I need support - they can't give me the runaround ("talk to the modem manufacturer"... "talk to the router manufacturer" - it's the same people :) ).

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 06:40:11 AM »

Glad you got something that works. Nice to see Motorola break into the router side. I've always liked there modems. I wish they hadn't sold off there SB series to Arris years ago.  >:(

Well enjoy.  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]