• April 18, 2019, 11:55:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need help to apply these restrictions  (Read 2232 times)

joncenawordlife

• Level 1 Member
Need help to apply these restrictions
« on: August 28, 2016, 04:47:14 AM »

Guys I need certain restrictions to be imposed on specific devices at home.

I want my brother and sister not to have access to internet after 11pm night and before 11am day.

They use android phones and I got their phones MAC addresses.

In my DIR600L I went to Advanced tab, MAC filtering and selected "Turn MAC filtering ON and Deny computers listed to access the internet"The the table gets activated.
I added the MAC from the list of Computer names. The I also created new rule in Schedule named "tt" but none of this is working.

As said I want to create rule for these 2 devices for specific time duration access. Help me achieve my aim.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 04:48:58 AM by joncenawordlife »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: Need help to apply these restrictions
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 02:06:14 PM »

Router Access Control, Blocking, Web Filters and Scheduling FAQ
To set up scheduling:
1. Reserve device IP addresses ON the router under Setup/Networking.
2. Set up a schedule under Tools/Schedule on the routers web page. Customize your dates and times here.
3. Use Advanced/Access Control configured and apply the customized schedule to a policy and to the PC(s) or device(s) desired to be controlled. 
4. Ensure Time is set correctly on the router. Tools/Time.

I do believe Setup/Networking/DNS Relay and or Setup/Internet/Manual/Advanced DNS Services need to be enabled along with configuring Reserved IP addresses, Scheduling, and Access Controls.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!