• April 19, 2019, 11:41:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: VPN Pass-through Problems  (Read 12755 times)

mbressman

• Level 1 Member
    • Falcon Computer Consulting
VPN Pass-through Problems
« on: November 07, 2011, 02:29:10 PM »

I am attempting to get VPN pass-through functionality on my DIR-130 with no success.  I have Internet connectivity on my DIR-130, and from there have a Netgear wireless router running DD-WRT plugged in to the DIR-130 (LAN port on DIR-130 to WAN port on Netgear DD-WRT).  I have set up PPTP VPN on the DD-WRT and have forwarded port 1723 from the DIR-130 to the Netgear DD-WRT's IP address.  However, when I attempt to VPN in from Windows 7 off-site, it fails on what I believe to be the username/password authentication process (although I'm not 100% sure this is where the failure is).  I get the following error on the Win 7 machine:

Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed.

Any help as to what I'm doing wrong??  Thanks!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: VPN Pass-through Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:20:40 AM »

Try putting the cable from the 130 to the LAN port on the NG router and not the WAN port?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!