D-Link Forums

The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported => Routers => DIR-890L => Topic started by: pbj88 on August 19, 2015, 05:48:42 PM

Title: Cannot connect to WiFI
Post by: pbj88 on August 19, 2015, 05:48:42 PM
I have hardware version a1 and firmware 1.08.  I have had the router for 2 days and upgraded the firmware to 1.08 from 1.03 since wireless devices(all 2.4ghz) cannot connect to the router.  I use smart connect and ssid is broadcasting but devices cannot connect.  I thought 1.08 was to fix the problem?
Title: Re: Cannot connect to WiFI
Post by: dmon65 on August 20, 2015, 01:55:34 AM
I had exactly the same issue after upgrading to 1.08.  I turned off Smart Connect and nothing in my whole home would connect to any of the bands via WiFi. Had to roll back to the last update of 1.07 to restore good connectivity.
Title: Re: Cannot connect to WiFI
Post by: FurryNutz on August 20, 2015, 07:44:32 AM
ink>Welcome! (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=48135.0)

  Link> >FW Update Process (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=42457.0)


Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations


I have hardware version a1 and firmware 1.08.  I have had the router for 2 days and upgraded the firmware to 1.08 from 1.03 since wireless devices(all 2.4ghz) cannot connect to the router.  I use smart connect and ssid is broadcasting but devices cannot connect.  I thought 1.08 was to fix the problem?
Title: Re: Cannot connect to WiFI
Post by: FurryNutz on August 20, 2015, 07:48:07 AM

What wireless modes where you using on v1.08 when SC was disabled?

v1.08 has been working for me other then the problem of seeing lower speed test rates while using it. I regressed back to v1.06 and tested speeds again and they were to spec on my iPhone 6P. I'm missing about 20Mb on later FW versions.

I had exactly the same issue after upgrading to 1.08.  I turned off Smart Connect and nothing in my whole home would connect to any of the bands via WiFi. Had to roll back to the last update of 1.07 to restore good connectivity.
Title: Re: Cannot connect to WiFI
Post by: dmon65 on August 20, 2015, 04:47:53 PM
  • What wireless devices do you have connected?

3 PC laptops running Windows 8.1 and 10
Two Roku 3s
Two Harmony romote hubs
2 android and 2 windows phones
Mutiple xbox 360s, PS3 and other hand held systems.


What wireless modes where you using on v1.08 when SC was disabled?

B,G and N on the 2.4
A/N/AC on both 5Ghz
Killed A on the 5 and B on the 2.4 to check. Nogo.

All devices SEE the router, they just communicate to be granted access.  Like a bogus password is being passed, but I reset the password on both ends witrh no change.


v1.08 has been working for me other then the problem of seeing lower speed test rates while using it. I regressed back to v1.06 and tested speeds again and they were to spec on my iPhone 6P. I'm missing about 20Mb on later FW versions.

I had exactly the same issue after upgrading to 1.08.  I turned off Smart Connect and nothing in my whole home would connect to any of the bands via WiFi. Had to roll back to the last update of 1.07 to restore good connectivity.
Title: Re: Cannot connect to WiFI
Post by: FurryNutz on August 21, 2015, 11:35:27 AM
Keep v1.07 for now. D-Link has been made aware of the issues seen on v1.08.
Title: Re: Cannot connect to WiFI
Post by: dmon65 on September 20, 2015, 08:37:43 PM
Performing a hard reset (button in the back held for approximately 10 seconds, or until the power light changed colors) allowed me to successfully update to 1.08.B03.  Hard reset, flash, hard reset again and all devices are communicating properly.

For some reason the reset from the menu did not seem to clear the former settings well enough for a good flash to take.  Hope this helps someone.

D.
Title: Re: Cannot connect to WiFI (RESOLVED)
Post by: FurryNutz on September 21, 2015, 07:23:26 AM
Glad you got it working. Thanks for sharing your feed back.

Enjoy.
Performing a hard reset (button in the back held for approximately 10 seconds, or until the power light changed colors) allowed me to successfully update to 1.08.B03.  Hard reset, flash, hard reset again and all devices are communicating properly.

For some reason the reset from the menu did not seem to clear the former settings well enough for a good flash to take.  Hope this helps someone.

D.