• March 28, 2024, 11:13:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Frustrated with broken/old and out-of-sync support sites of Dlink. Please Fix  (Read 3557 times)

chrisatx

• Level 1 Member

Getting support for the Dlink products is an absolute nightmare.  >:(

I'm in Belgium. I bought a DIR-655 B1 here in Belgium. Nowhere on the support pages of Dlink BE, NL, UK, IE is it even listed!! Some places on the internet is lists it as being available in the US. Then it is mentioned that we should get support from our own country as they might be different per country.

Then there's the FTP site (via HTTP). All of the countries have different FTP structures. FTP in RU, ES, UK, ....  :(

It is an absolute mess and leads to frustration by your customers.  :'(

The FTP site of Dlink Germany (which supposedly has the firmware I need) even lists blank pages.   >:(

Guys, you are the company that is supposed to make the internet work, that facilitates FTP, NAS, the digital home experience and you cannot even get your support pages and intranet in sync.  :o

This is very troublesome. What should I do as a customer? I've been searching for a solution for a day. Just about to give up on the shiny white Dlink boxes for ever.

Get your act together. Building a brand is more than marketing, design and sales.

-----------------

I'm in Belgium
DIR-655 B1 FW 2.00
Router loses connection to internet every couple of days
I actually had to fly in from ASIA! Hence my frustration ... ON MY BIRTHDAY EVEN!
When it loses, it does not even accept my password as admin
A reset and it's ok for a day or a week

What is the latest FW that I can install, that is working and what is a WORKING link?

Thank you DLink
Chris

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

2.00WW seems to be the only release and latest FW available for your region.

I recommend you call your local DLink office support and ask them and confirm what is available.
D-Link Support

If you care to answer some of the questions below and try some of the suggestions, maybe we can help you out:

What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
What ISP Modem do you have? Stand Alone or built in router?
What ISP Modem make and model do you have?
If this modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause connection problems.
To tell if the modem is bridged or not, look at the routers web page, Status/Device Info/Wan Section, if there is a 192.168.0.# address in the WAN IP address field, then the modem is not bridged.

Some things to try:
Turn off ALL QoS or Disable Traffic Shaping (DIR only) GameFuel (DGL only and if ON.) options. Advanced/QoS or Gamefuel.
Turn off Advanced DNS Services if you have this option under Setup/Internet/Manual.
Turn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking.
Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the router. Setup/Networking
Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP under Advanced/Firewall.
Enable uPnP and Multi-cast Streaming under Advanced/Networking.

What wireless modes are you using? Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
Try single mode G or mixed G and N?

Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto.
What wireless devices do you have connected?
Any cordless house phones?
Any other WiFi routers in the area? Use InSSIDer to find out.
Turn off Short GI and Extra Wireless Protection if you have it. Under Advanced/Advanced Wireless.

Turn off all anti virus and firewall programs on PC while testing. 3rd party firewalls are not generally needed when using routers as they are effective on blocking malicious inbound traffic.
Turn off all devices accept for one wired PC while testing.

Check cable between Modem and Router, swap out to be sure. Cat6 is recommended.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

chrisatx

• Level 1 Member

Thank you FurryNutz,

I'm stumped as to what is causing it. Here's my setup.

I'm in Belgium, connected to Telenet FiberNet XL (100Mbps) Cable via the Telenet Wireless Router.
I've already disabled wireless on the Telenet Wireless Router as it can hardly be configured.

That Telenet Router has 4 ethernet ports. 2 are directly connected to a Digicorder each. The 3rd one is connected through a Devalo Home LAN to a DigiCorder in another room and those all work fine straight from the Telenet Router. They're hooked up directly as it is recommended by Telenet for them to be able to download the EPG etc...

The 4th ethernet port on the Telenet Router is linked to be the ingoing port of the DIR-655. FYI. The Telenet Router cannot be disabled.

On the DIR-655, Wireless is set up to connect to 2 iPhones and 2 iPads.

On the DIR-655, 2 wired LAN ports are connected to 2 Slingbox HDs.
A third wired LAN port is connected to a HP Desktop with a fixed IP address.

Problem: Every couple of days (yet 3 times within 40 hours now) the DLink loses the connection to the internet.   After unplugging only the Dlink, all works again. Very annoying though as I live on the other side of the world and my family member is not technologically savvy.

The Telenet Router gets a dynamic IP address on the internet. The LAN part of it sits at 192.168.103.1 and it serves dynamic IP addresses in the 192.168.103.x range.

I have the DIR-655 fixed at 192.168.103.240 as it's WAN point and it's using Unicasting for DHCP it says.

The other settings of the DIR-655 are here. It gets its DNS from 195.130.130.2 and 195.130.131.2. The default gateway is 192.168.103.1 with mask of 255.255.255.0.

The LAN IP address on this side of the DIR-665 is 192.168.1.1, subnet 255.255.255.0. DNS Relay has been turned on again. It was turned on as well as off before and the problem occurred as well.

I won't go much into detail about wireless as the problem also happens on the wired link to the desktop. Wireless though is 20/40 Mhz with 802.11g/n. It servers DHCP to 192.168.1.101-192.168.1.199. It's always broadcasting DHCP.

All of the iPads and iPhones, the slingboxes and the Desktop have pre-assigned IP addresses in the 192.168.1.x DHCP range. Ports 5000 and 5001 are open for the Slingboxes to function. It works on the other side of the world until the DIR-655 runs into problems.

It is not overheating as only one desktop PC is connected 24 hours and it's hardly ever used. Most of the times the slingboxes; and iDevices are off. I think the usage ratio would be less than 1% overall. It's also 10 degrees Centigrade so the device definitely runs cool.

QoS is off. Advanced DNS is off. DNS Relay is on.
uPnP enabled, multicast, all qs is mentioned here.

The log of the DIR-655 is not really helpful and after a reset is gone anyway.

My desktop PC (just in case) is running Windows 7.

How can I get this fixed and stable within  the next few days as I'm flying back on Saturday (GMT time)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Is there a DMZ on the ISP modem. One of the problems could be the ISP Modem and it's router. Why I don't recommend using modem router combos however understand that some have to use them. If the modem has a DMZ, I would recommend putting the IP address you reserved for the 655 in the DMZ on the router. Also turn off any and all features on the modem, like firewall, filters and such. Open up the modem as much as possible and let the 655 handle the rest.

Your wireless settings look good.
Any other WiFi routers in the area? Use InSSIDer to find out.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.