• March 28, 2024, 11:41:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS 5300G  (Read 10776 times)

laserlight514

• Level 1 Member
DCS 5300G
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:47:34 AM »

I have the DCS-5300G  camera and it drops off frequently while viewing it remotely on the internet. The only way I have found to get it reset is to unplug it and then it will rest and work for a time.  I am more than 60 miles away from this camera location this is inconvenient. I am wondering if this problem has been resolved for this model camera. This unit has all the software and hardware updates loaded for A1 firmware.  I am considering another IP tilt and pan camera purchase but I do not want another problematic camera.  Any suggestions or solutions?   

The camera works fine when it is functioning. The pan, tilt and sound are all fine. It just freezes up every 2-3 days during a remote viewing. I am runnig this camera on a PC using XP and through a D-link router. I have the ethernet cable connected presently and it does not help.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS 5300G
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:03:36 AM »

When this happens are you able to access the camera locally still or is it unaccessible here as well as remotely.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

elkristo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 11:42:22 PM »

What's the difference between the DCS 5300G and the DCS 5220 camera?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:33:51 AM »

Please goto dlink.com and compare cameras. Once difference that stands out is that the DCS-5220 support RTSP streaming protocol. That may be the only real difference.

laserlight514

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 05:28:36 AM »

The camera is not accessable locally either once it freezes up.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 01:39:23 PM »

I assume you have firmware 1.02 loaded. I'm not sure why it should be locking up if it is still withing warranty I would recommend contacting support and see what can be done. If not perhaps it is older now and over heating which you can try finding ways to cool it down, lower some of the settings or try a fan on it. If your looking for another PTZ camera the DCS-5610 seems to work very well I use it at home and I have never had any issue with it being off line when I want to access it and it support RTSP which is great if you want to access it from a phone that has internet access and supports RTSP.

dgez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 07:51:42 PM »

What kind of DLINK router are you running the camera on?  I have discovered an issue with my DCS-5300G that anytime its hooked to a DLINK router that has NAT endpoint filtering enabled on it , it will stop responding, in my case much sooner than a few days.  Actually, the camera was still pingable, but the web interface of the camera would die and I would get 'page cannot be displayed' when trying to connect.  The problem would only manafest itself if the camera was accessed from the internet, it never would fail accessing it on my home network.  The only way to fix it, albeit temporarily, was to power cycle it, or since telnet would respond, I could reset the camera remotely via telnet.  Since you are 60 miles away, see if telnet works for you.

Routers that had an issue for me: DGL-4300 at 1.7 firmware or higher (1.6 worked), DIR-655, DIR-855

Camera was replaced under warranty at one time for this issue and it did not resolve.

Network traces ran during the time of failure show that the camera had closed port 80.  Dlink support refused to acknowledge a problem, let alone attempt to resolve it.  I ended up returning multiple dlink routers to the store and got a Belkin and it plays real nice with my DCS-5300G and my 6620G

andrew

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 02:08:52 PM »

Hello dgez. 
Is your D-Link dcs-5300G getting hot after operating about 15 minutes?  My camera is very hot after operating about 15 munites.  I have tried to leave it on to operate for more than 2 hours, it is extremely hot, maybe up to 50 degree celcius, but I still can touch and hold its base.  I don't know when it will burn if I turn it on to operate 24 hours a day 7 day a week.

Does the built-in microphone of your camera have the cracking noise?  My camera has a cracking noise and the Internet Explorer browser is almost frozen when I don't mute the built-in microphone.

I am very appreciative for any answers that you can help me.  Thank you

Andrew

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 02:23:15 PM »

That is not normal, don't use it, get a replacement ASAP!
non progredi est regredi

andrew

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 02:34:00 PM »

Thank you for your response.  I bought it from Ebay, so get a replacement unit from D-link company is also a problem.  Return to the seller is not an option anymore  :(  Is there a free technical support from D-link?

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 07:51:38 PM »

What kind of DLINK router are you running the camera on?  I have discovered an issue with my DCS-5300G that anytime its hooked to a DLINK router that has NAT endpoint filtering enabled on it , it will stop responding, in my case much sooner than a few days.  Actually, the camera was still pingable, but the web interface of the camera would die and I would get 'page cannot be displayed' when trying to connect.  The problem would only manifest itself if the camera was accessed from the internet, it never would fail accessing it on my home network.  The only way to fix it, albeit temporarily, was to power cycle it, or since telnet would respond, I could reset the camera remotely via telnet.  Since you are 60 miles away, see if telnet works for you.

I have a DCS 5300G also, and am running into the same problems as you.  (Using a DIR-625 as my router).  The camera works fine for a day or two, then just "goes offline".  The camera reboots itself each day at the same time, so I have to wait until the next day's auto reboot to get back online and monitor my home when away on trips.

I do see a new firmware download that is supposed to solve the daily reboot, but it's stated as "only for B2 revisions".   I have a B1!   :(

Anyone know if this will work on a B1 revision, or will it brick it?  I'm actually afraid to lose this "feature" since it does solve the going offline problem!

Could you explain how to telnet into the device? 

WyreNut
Moderator, Palm Inc. Community Forums
http://forums.palm.com

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 02:59:51 PM »

Could you explain how to telnet into the device? 

WyreNut

Nevermind, I figured it out eventually.  Downloaded a Telnet client (Absolute Telnet) and worked out the addressing, display, keepalives, etc.  Glad the 5300g has a Help file listing all the commands!  :)

WyreNut
Moderator, Palm Inc. Community Forums
http://forums.palm.com