• March 28, 2024, 04:20:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 517289 times)

boybill29

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 04:17:34 PM »

One thing I don't see with the 942L is an indicator when the motion detector is triggered, when viewing with the web interface. You can set sensitivity but can't tell if the camera has detected the motion. Other camera web interfaces and also 3rd party software have an alert notification. This is helpful to determine if you have the sensitivity adjusted where you want.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 04:43:28 PM »

One thing I don't see with the 942L is an indicator when the motion detector is triggered, when viewing with the web interface. You can set sensitivity but can't tell if the camera has detected the motion. Other camera web interfaces and also 3rd party software have an alert notification. This is helpful to determine if you have the sensitivity adjusted where you want.

Another good idea  :)

It's a bit disconcerting having to check emails for motion detection trigger events. Your suggestion is much cleaner.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 04:45:38 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L)
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/color]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator)
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 05:49:15 PM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 02:43:24 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator)
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)

• General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

ERC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 08:41:39 AM »

I used to have the 930L and when you set the snapshot to 6 images they all come in one email which is nice. It appears that on the 942L I have now it comes as 6 different emails which can get really annoying. If that could be added it would be much appreciated

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 08:54:18 AM »

I used to have the 930L and when you set the snapshot to 6 images they all come in one email which is nice. It appears that on the 942L I have now it comes as 6 different emails which can get really annoying. If that could be added it would be much appreciated

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 08:55:47 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot)
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)

[/quote]

dedbunniez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 05:20:24 PM »

I would like a way to turn motion detection on/off easily. Perhaps by using my smart phone. This way I can set it to on when I am leaving my house.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 04:30:43 AM »

I would like a way to turn motion detection on/off easily. Perhaps by using my smart phone. This way I can set it to on when I am leaving my house.

This functionality is presently available. Log into mydlink and navigate to: Camera Info (tab) > Advanced Settings. This path will provide access to the settings in your DCS-942L web interface.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 08:28:16 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot)

cybernica

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 08:26:39 AM »

Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to at least 2 different email addresses (my wife and I).

Trigger by option in Snapshot and Video Clip - Option to be able to choose different start/end time ranges for different days (ie. Monday Time Start:1:00am End: 6:00am; Saturday Time Start:6:00am End: 6:00pm)

Thanks,

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 12:37:53 PM »

Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to at least 2 different email addresses (my wife and I).

Trigger by option in Snapshot and Video Clip - Option to be able to choose different start/end time ranges for different days (ie. Monday Time Start:1:00am End: 6:00am; Saturday Time Start:6:00am End: 6:00pm)

Added...
Thanks for your contribution.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 12:40:18 PM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day

galanb

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 04:14:46 PM »

Hi JavaLawyer,
In one of the posts, you were looking for confirmation of the audio noise problem.  My 942L constantly transmits an annoying chirping type noise, unlike the noted compaint from the other poster of his only lasting the first five seconds.  This chirping type noise is so prevelant that I cannot hear any other sounds coming from the room the camera is in at all.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 04:39:01 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,
In one of the posts, you were looking for confirmation of the audio noise problem.  My 942L constantly transmits an annoying chirping type noise, unlike the noted compaint from the other poster of his only lasting the first five seconds.  This chirping type noise is so prevelant that I cannot hear any other sounds coming from the room the camera is in at all.

Did you try resetting your DCS-942L to the factory defaults to see if that remedy's the issue? From everything I've seen on these boards, there doesn't seem to be a widespread noise issue (unlike the DCS-930L and DCS-932L which have intermittent background clicking noises).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19