• March 28, 2024, 02:18:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.03b08 Comments & Observations  (Read 8642 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-933L - Firmware v1.03b08 Comments & Observations
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:40:12 AM »

D-Link posted DCS-933L firmware version 1.03b08, which can be downloaded here: DCS-933L  - Firmware v1.03b08 Download.

Please post your comments and observations as a reply to this thread.

:)  ;)  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.03b08 Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 05:41:10 AM »

Firmware: 1.03b08 - Date: 01/22/2014 [Security Update]

• [New Feature] When camera does not have feature, upgrade to a f/w with SSL certificate, it will automatically create a self signed cert (regenerated)
  • [New Feature] When camera upgrades with a f/w with cert. (f/w with SSL certificate automatically self signed), the SSL certificate wll automatically create a new self-signed cert (regenerate)
  • [New Feature] When camera is factory reset, the camera will automatically create a new self-signed SSL certificate
  • [New Feature] Update mydlink agent to v2.0.17-b55
  • [New Feature] Support Win8.1 + IE11
  • [New Feature] Support Java 7 update 51
  • [New Feature] Change the default FTP to passive mode
  • [New Feature] Have WPS LED lightened for 10 seconds when WPS setup is successful
  • [New Feature] Modify copyright from [2012-2013] to [2012-2014]
  • [New Feature] Change camera time to [2014-01-01] by default
  • [Bug Fix] Adjust sensor settings for video flash issue happened sometimes
  • [Bug Fix] Fix bad frame issue happened sometimes
  • [Bug Fix] Fix mydlink event timing issue of sound detection

DCS-933L - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »

At least one DCS-933L owner has confirmed that this latest firmware update has correct the image artifacts that caused false motion detection events observed using prior firmware versions:

I also updated my cam and also zero false detections the last days. I hope it stays this way. I am positive.  ;D

Finally after more than 4 months.

Pppfff

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 07:48:24 AM »

Can other DCS-933L owners who installed firmware v1.03b08 validate that the image artifact issue causing the false motion detection triggers is resolved?

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 07:56:23 AM »

I can tell you that the v1.03b08 is much better. I'm running 640x480 - H.264 - 1.5Mbps - fps30.
I mail my motion detected (40%) movies, 8 seconds, to keep the avi size acceptable. And I upload the motion detected movies (15 seconds) to a FTP server. Until now no false detections.  ;D

I think they did a good job. Unfortunately without any communication during the development process. I still think that's a very bad think D-Link!!!! We were waiting 4 months without any status update.  >:(

Greetings.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 08:14:29 AM »

I can tell you that the v1.03b08 is much better. I'm running 640x480 - H.264 - 1.5Mbps - fps30.
I mail my motion detected (40%) movies, 8 seconds, to keep the avi size acceptable. And I upload the motion detected movies (15 seconds) to a FTP server. Until now no false detections.  ;D

Thanks for your continued feedback. I hope other DCS-933L owners post their experience as well to validate that everything has in fact been resolved. I'd feel more confident proclaiming success with at least three people offering similar results.

I think they did a good job. Unfortunately without any communication during the development process. I still think that's a very bad think D-Link!!!! We were waiting 4 months without any status update.  >:(

Yes, the development process would benefit from greater transparency/communication, but we work with what we have. Unfortunately, D-Link does not typically provide a firmware release road map for firmware updates.  And yes, I do relay the sentiment of the user community to D-Link.

Thanks again...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 06:47:26 AM »

Call for user feedback...

At least two users of the new v1.03b08 firmware has reported that this latest firmware has corrected the image artifacts that caused false motion detection triggers in earlier firmware versions.

If you installed this latest firmware, please post your findings!

nitro980

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 10:38:57 AM »

Hi All....
this is my first post.
I've bought DCS-933L few weeks ago and i've updated the firmware two days ago.
Before this last update I never had image artifact problem but now i have a problem with motion detection push notification on mydlink lite iphone app.
As i wrote, before this update, the push notification works fine,and now it seems they doesn't work correctly. I have tried to set the motion detection percentage to 100% but push notifications still not work. Otherwise sounds notifications work fine.
I used also Dlink ViewCam to test if there are some problem with motion detection, but using the smart protection also motion detection work properly

Someone have this problem?
Bye

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 10:42:11 AM »

Hi All....
this is my first post.
I've bought DCS-933L few weeks ago and i've updated the firmware two days ago.
Before this last update I never had image artifact problem but now i have a problem with motion detection push notification on mydlink lite iphone app.
As i wrote, before this update, the push notification works fine,and now it seems they doesn't work correctly. I have tried to set the motion detection percentage to 100% but push notifications still not work. Otherwise sounds notifications work fine.
I used also Dlink ViewCam to test if there are some problem with motion detection, but using the smart protection also motion detection work properly

Someone have this problem?
Bye

What is "smart protection"?

nitro980

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 10:48:44 AM »

What is "smart protection"?

When you open D-ViewCam go to settings>system settings and you can see int general tab a voice called smart protection system(i translated it from italian)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 10:57:12 AM »

Did you try regressing to the prior version to see if push notifications started working again?

Do any other DCS-933L users have issues with push notifications using this latest firmware version?

nitro980

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 04:01:14 PM »

Did you try regressing to the prior version to see if push notifications started working again?

Do any other DCS-933L users have issues with push notifications using this latest firmware version?

I just downgraded to version 1.02b5(this is the last version available on support website) and seems that the push notifications works again. I'm sure that are working again because there is a problem with the dust in the air when ir night mode is active...(i read that most of users are requesting a correction for this issue in the future firmware release)and the camera detect this dust activating the motion detection and the push notification..

I'm sure that there is a problem with latest fw and push notifications

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 08:41:32 AM »

D-Link posted DCS-933L firmware v1.04b01: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.04b01 Comments & Observations