• March 28, 2024, 11:39:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492785 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2012, 04:32:52 AM »

L/P = Login/password.
Go to http://[ipofyourcamera]/advanced.htm
Then add a user account (login+password): The user is created and listed at the bottom but it's impossible to have a direct access to the camera with this new account (or maybe mine is buggy?).

When you create a user account, the password must be no longer than 8 alphanumeric characters. If you created a longer password, the firmware does not generate an error, so there's no way of telling whether or not the password was accepted.

Try a shorter password and log into the UI using one of your custom accounts.

Go to http://[ipofyourcamera]/jview.htm and use the "zoom" : It's always in the middle right of the screen.

Added...
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

MMa0blabla

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2012, 06:37:44 AM »

When you create a user account, the password must be no longer than 8 alphanumeric characters. If you created a longer password, the firmware does not generate an error, so there's no way of telling whether or not the password was accepted.

Try a shorter password and log into the UI using one of your custom accounts.
Ok you are right, changing the password worked but if it's a "feature" it's a security breach + the fact that there is no error is a bug imho :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2012, 07:05:45 AM »

Ok you are right, changing the password worked but if it's a "feature" it's a security breach + the fact that there is no error is a bug imho :)

Good catch. I'll add that as a bug.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2012, 07:09:19 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cut-over threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

MMa0blabla

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2012, 07:16:15 AM »

...don't forget the "zoom" bug :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2012, 07:22:56 AM »

...don't forget the "zoom" bug :)

I thought I added that yesterday.   ???
Must not have saved my reply.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2012, 07:24:34 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cut-over threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

• TBD

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2012, 08:50:36 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner

• Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]

MMa0blabla

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2012, 10:57:30 AM »

- Change incomming https port to something else.
The DCS-932L uses HTTP, not HTTPS Huh
Indeed, sorry : my mistake Smiley

Mmmm...In fact i was right  8)
My DCS-932L is configured to use port 80 BUT it does answer to the 443 https port too with a DL-Link self signed certificate (for an unknown reason)...
So beeing able to change and/or disable this https port should be useful...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2012, 05:38:11 AM »

Mmmm...In fact i was right  8)
My DCS-932L is configured to use port 80 BUT it does answer to the 443 https port too with a DL-Link self signed certificate (for an unknown reason)...
So beeing able to change and/or disable this https port should be useful...

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2012, 05:39:28 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port

purvis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2012, 06:45:37 AM »

web browser page with just video.
Need a clean view if possible different resolutions.
Also an option to where no username and password is needed.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2012, 06:59:54 AM »

web browser page with just video.
Need a clean view if possible different resolutions.

Added...

Also an option to where no username and password is needed.

Not sure I fully understand this item. Web UI access? mydlink? Please elaborate.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2012, 07:00:36 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:44:17 AM by JavaLawyer »

Lilywhite

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2012, 04:38:51 AM »

I will love an option to see my video stream in full screen. I know the resolution is low, but it will be easier to keep an eye on the screen from a distance.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20