• April 16, 2024, 03:43:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Settings corruption with iTunes server [v1.0.5]  (Read 3384 times)

starion

• Level 1 Member
Settings corruption with iTunes server [v1.0.5]
« on: December 02, 2008, 04:15:38 PM »

I originally posted this in a 1.0.7 wishlist forum, but this really is a bug that needs addressing.  Here's the original post:

Here's how to duplicate it:

Select Advanced at the top, then iTunes Server on the left.  Uncheck the root box.  A field now appears for you to specify a new location.  Select browse.  When the box opens up with the list of folders on the drive, create a new one, then select it to be used.  It will be something like "Volume_1/whatever".

When you click on the save settings button, the folder location will change to "admin".  Save the settings.  All of the settings below the save settings buttons will disappear (see picture below).  Click on any tab at the top, then go back to the Advanced tab, select iTunes Server.  The web interface will lock up for 60 seconds, or on Windows the page will show an error.

It apparently corrupts something in the settings because the only way to get it back to normal is to do a factory reset, either by button on the back, reset through the button on the interface, or reloading a non-corrupt settings file.

Bluenose

Re: Settings corruption with iTunes server [v1.0.5]
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 05:51:15 PM »

I had the same problem when using Firefox as the browser.
When I used IE7 the problem went away.

starion

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 06:09:43 PM »

A browser not displaying something the same is one thing, but corruption between one browser and another is just poor design and testing.

Assasin110

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »

I am getting this problem too. Tried it on IE, as well as FireFox. I get the error for both.

-I'm running firefox 3.0.5
-dns-323 firmware 1.05
Firefox 3.0.5
DNS-323 Firmware 1.06
2 Seagate 500GB HDD's
16GB iPhone 3G (White)
Alienware M15X
iTunes 8.0
Metal Gear Solid Edition PS3 80gb