• April 23, 2024, 10:58:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: HARDWiRE FROM ROUTER TO dap-1360 IN REPEATER MODE?  (Read 5476 times)

rossingnol

• Level 1 Member
HARDWiRE FROM ROUTER TO dap-1360 IN REPEATER MODE?
« on: January 14, 2011, 06:41:29 AM »

Can this be done or does it have to be wireless repeating?

Thanks eh

kramrengaw

• Level 1 Member
Re: HARDWiRE FROM ROUTER TO dap-1360 IN REPEATER MODE?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 11:26:24 AM »

With that usage it would not really be a repeater, it would be another AP. In the GUI you set it as an AP not as a repeater. I do use my DAP-1360 in that way. It is effectively wired to my router, even though it is on another floor of my house, to extend the range of my wireless. Be cautioned though that I have been having, as yet unresolved, problems with it.

Guyon

• Level 1 Member
Re: HARDWiRE FROM ROUTER TO dap-1360 IN REPEATER MODE?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 07:52:03 AM »

The answer above is spot on... you are effectively adding an Access point and this is probably more reliable than a range extender or repeater.

However, please be aware that there are many outstanding issues with this device which are not being addressed by Dlink.

All over this Forum people are logging issues with the DAP-1360, dropping, not connecting, connection speeds low, but Dlink has done nothing about this.

My recommendation is to toss that piece of junk in the bin and get a decent Access point like a TP-Link, Netgear etc. (cheaper too)