• March 28, 2024, 03:59:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 128863 times)

Popovice

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2014, 10:29:12 AM »

Actually I must say that I'm quite happy with my DCS-2132Ls (I own three of them). Compared e.g. to DCS-930L I really like the widescreen option and higher resolution. My satisfaction with the camera may relate to the fact that I'm not using the advanced features (motion detection, etc.) practically at all. Also the cameras with the latest 1.02 FW have been extremely stable. Actually two of the cameras are located in a different country, roughly 1500km away, so I cannot manipulate them manually too often  :). The biggest thing that bothers me is the DCS-2132L inability to use the same file name in FTP transfer. Also the the bad audio quality (clicking and cutting) has not been improved with the latest FW releases. But as said, I feel that this camera is almost a perfect fit to my real time video surveillance needs. And what is most important when comparing to many other camera vendors is the D-Link cloud service. My remote ISP in the other country doesn't provide public IPs, which means that the only way to access the camera is via the cloud service.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:33:35 AM by Popovice »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2014, 05:29:20 AM »

Just curious. I understand the DCS-2132L has a lot more capabilities than (for example) the DCS-933. But... can't they use the DCS-933 firmware as a base and build the DCS-2132L firmware from there? I have both cameras and the DCS-933 works well and has feature that could be useful in all the firmwares. The DCS-933 firmware has the capability to save in daily folders. You can customise the label that shows on the monitor. In the MyDlink+ app, I can change and save the motion detect areas on the fly in my DCS-933 and DCS-930 but can't do anything but look at the camera view with the DCS-2132L. I paid double the price for the DCS-2132L than the other cameras but can do less. The DCS-2132L firmware is clunky and slow compared to the DCS-933 and 930.

This was most likely a strategic decision on the part of D-Link as all of the newer high-end consumer Cloud cameras seem to adhere to this new design.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2014, 05:35:06 AM »

Actually I must say that I'm quite happy with my DCS-2132Ls (I own three of them). Compared e.g. to DCS-930L I really like the widescreen option and higher resolution. My satisfaction with the camera may relate to the fact that I'm not using the advanced features (motion detection, etc.) practically at all. Also the cameras with the latest 1.02 FW have been extremely stable. Actually two of the cameras are located in a different country, roughly 1500km away, so I cannot manipulate them manually too often  :). The biggest thing that bothers me is the DCS-2132L inability to use the same file name in FTP transfer. Also the the bad audio quality (clicking and cutting) has not been improved with the latest FW releases. But as said, I feel that this camera is almost a perfect fit to my real time video surveillance needs. And what is most important when comparing to many other camera vendors is the D-Link cloud service. My remote ISP in the other country doesn't provide public IPs, which means that the only way to access the camera is via the cloud service.

Thanks for posting your feedback. Although I don't own the DCS-2132L, my other three Cloud camera models are extraordinarily stable, which is what's most important to me. The advanced features are nice-to-haves, but not as critical as having reliable access to the cameras. Your FTP file name request is already on the wishlist, so hopefully D-Link will take that to heart.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2014, 05:35:23 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2132L Wishlist

• General - Anti-Flicker Issue - When exposure is set to "Outdoor", changing Anti-Flicker or exposure to customize has no impact (i.e. no whiteout reduction), issue is presented here
  • General - Automatic firmware check and update
  • General - Direct download link to new firmware
  • General - Dropbox support (option for backup destination as well)
  • General - Full web UI support with additional browsers (i.e. Firefox, Safari, etc.)
  • General - Image Settings - Add preview pane on image setup screen to quickly preview changes
  • General - Live Video - Add Day/Night Mode toggle button
  • General - Maintain support for latest browser versions (i.e. IE 10 support)
  • General - Under MAINTENANCE > ADMIN, add configurations for "User Access Control" and "Snapshot URL Authentication" (similar to DCS-932L)[/color]
  • General - When camera is connected to a wired network: automatically disable wireless, release/renew DHCP (and perform the same when wired connection is removed, i.e. search for wireless)
  • Audio - Persistent clicking/static [Reported by multiple owners]
  • Event Setup - Ability to store more than two events (i.e. 5+)
  • Event Setup - Add option under Media and Snap Shot to select number of impages to save before overwriting the  earliest images
  • Event Setup - Measure periodic trigger in the Event Setup section in "seconds" rather than "minutes", with the minimum default of 0.5 seconds
  • Event Setup - Option to disable event logs
  • Event Setup - Media - Remove the value constraints for "Pre-event Recording", "Maximum Duration", and "Maximum File Size"
  • Event Setup - Option to trigger multiple actions using one event (e.g. a single event to capture images and video)
  • Event Setup - Recording - Remove value constraints for "Total Cycling Recording Size" and add free text entries for "Size of each file for recording" and "Time for each file for recording" (rather than pre-defined menus)
  • Event Setup - Under SETUP > EVENT SETUP > RECORDING, increase maximum "Sie of each file for recording" to 1 GB
  • FTP - Option to overwrite existing FTP image each time a new one is uploaded (rather than adding the image under a new name)
  • FTP - Option to save images/video to daily date-stamped folders
  • Image Setup - Option to customize different exposure modes for day and night via scheduling
  • Motion Detection - Ability to select multiple areas
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable/disable PIR via a check box
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable entire frame for motion detection area (rather than manually highlighting the grid, which is problematic with some browsers)
  • Motion Detection - Reduce size of motion detection grid squares
  • Motion Detection - Single screen containing a consolidated list of all video motion tracking and PIR motion detection events and single button to enable disable motion detection and PIR
  • Motion Detection - Support for more events (rather than two)
  • SD Card - Add a "Power User" security permission offering entitled users global access to all SD card content (rather than the current approach limiting full SD card access to the admin account, which also includes camera configuration and network settings)
  • SD Card - More user friendly data deletion (i.e. option to delete directories, sub-directories, and files with a single click)
  • SD Card - Option to backup SD card to external storage on a schedule
  • SD Card - When recording is set to the SD card and Motion Detection events are set to SD card, no motion detection events are routed to the SD card, only full live recording
  • SD Card - When recording is disabled and motion detection events are set to SD card, the SD card only received log files, no video (Video will go to SMB, but not the SD card)
  • Security - Add "Power User" security permission to access motion detection logs
  • Sound - Option to disable on-board microphone
  • Video - Option to rotate image 90 degrees clockwise/counter-clockwise (in addition to mirror and flip)
  • Video - Option to select 30 fps frame rate
  • Video - Option to set maximum duration for event recording (by seconds or storage consumption)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

gripper

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »

If not already mentioned before, I would like the minimum delay between email notifications to be increased beyond 99 seconds -- which is the maximum size of the field.

The DCS-5222L PTZ camera has an entry labelled "Send next E-mail after" and can support up to 86400 seconds.

This would help cut down on constant notifications, and help avoid having Gmail (or other SMTP servers) temporarily block you for sending too many emails per day.

Even better would be to add deeper integration with mydlink as an additional option (SMTP, FTP, etc... and add "mydlink") and have this mydlink option send notifications to the mydlink app on mobile devices.

Also, the DCS-2132L should support the snapshot API other DLINK cameras have, so I can programmatically enable and disable motion detection snapshot notifications.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:15:16 PM by gripper »

oranges

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2014, 10:46:51 AM »

General - Full web UI support with additional browsers (i.e. Firefox, Safari, etc.)  I believe this has been fixed. Motion detection settings are now available in chrome and firefox

Audio - Persistent clicking/static [Reported by multiple owners] I believe this has been fixed.

Event Setup - Option to disable event logs I dont see this option, however I no longer get email bombed by the camera with alert logs.

Motion Detection - Option to enable/disable PIR via a check box This looks like it was done.

Motion Detection - Option to enable entire frame for motion detection area (rather than manually highlighting the grid, which is problematic with some browsers) Looks like this was done.

Those are the ones I have found to be added.

Thanks!

DIR-655 Router
Buffallo Linkstation Live 1TB
DCS-932L
DCS-2132L

FelipY2K

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2014, 06:58:04 AM »

i got poor FPS with the APP and sometimes no Audio at all!

blv78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2014, 12:41:53 PM »

Dear All,
I think is a good idea add HTTP Notification on Motion Detection as Axis or Mobotix IpCam.
With HTTP Notification is possible to send the alarm to other devices as domotic station (Fibaro, Rasp with Domoticz ex.)

korniza

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2015, 04:20:46 AM »

Agree for http notifications.
Domototicz is one of the best home automation application !
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]