• April 26, 2024, 11:00:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How on earth do you set this up???  (Read 4206 times)

mamlukman

• Level 1 Member
How on earth do you set this up???
« on: February 18, 2011, 03:50:33 PM »

I bought an EBR-2310 four years ago, spent days trying to get it to work, and gave up. Now I'm trying again because I need a router to be able to stream Netflix.

I have a Macintosh running Tiger 10.4.11. If I plug the ethernet cable directly into the modem, everything works fine. If I plug it into the router, absolutely nothing. OK, since my last post two days ago I figured out how to get to the D-Link set up page--you have to use Internet Explorer, not any other browser, and it's not connecting to the Internet at all, but to the ROM chip in the router. And you have to sit there and wait a minute for it to connect. Great. But now I've done the automatic setup thing over and over, no results.  I've also tried step 3 "configure your internet connection" over and over different ways--selecting Verizon sometimes and selecting "don't know" other times. Same result =  nothing.

Connections all work fine. The router sees my two computers and the Blu-Ray. It sets up IP addresses, etc. But it won't connect to the Internet through the router!!!!  I've shut off the modem, router, and computer for a half hour and come back and started up the modem, router, computer in that order. No difference.

As far as I can see, I've tried every possible combination. Help!!!

I don't know a static from non-static, subnet mask from a hole in the wall, etc. Should it really be this difficult????

How can I set this damn thing up?  If the router can't even get onto the internet, how can I do anything at all???
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:13:43 PM by mamlukman »

PatrickLewis.net

• Level 1 Member
Re: How on earth do you set this up???
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 01:31:06 PM »

I have finally got my router set up with my iMac running 10.5 and airport home network.  Here is what I did.

I had a failing Belkin router that would go down once a day, at least.  I bought the EBR2310 as a cheap replacement.  The set up wizard would not work at all for me, which does not sound uncommon on these boards.

Do not copy your computers mac address.

I had to copy the DNS and Secondary DNS from the Belkin setup to get the DLink to work.
I also copied the WAN MAC address from the Belkin set up.

Once I did that all is now well.