• March 28, 2024, 03:45:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-942L Software Needed?  (Read 7747 times)

shelaghdb

• Level 1 Member
DCS-942L Software Needed?
« on: August 18, 2012, 03:19:08 PM »

Hi, I received 2 of these cameras today but for some reason, neither came wih a CD and I see it was supposed to, although I believe I have everything else according to what is supposed to be included in the box.

I am not sure yet IF i will keep it or pass one or both on, but I have a Mac as well as android and Windows if i do pass it on so I will need all the different softwares if it is needed?

I know some hardware, such as printers, or scanners often come with CDs I never even use, but i am not sure if I need the software to these cameras or not?

I have seen a thread here on this forum someone put together gathering all the potential software needed.

DCS-942L - Third Party Applications to Monitor Video
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=42675.0

Seeing as I didn't get the software that came with this camera, can someone please point me towards the one that I didn't receive, so I may download it?
Secondly can someone explain why I might need these other third party softwares? How are they different from what came with the camera by CD

I notice on that page some are listed as free and some not yet the ones that still cost money I believe are downloadable. Does that mean we can use them free, or not?

TIA

brian5

Re: DCS-942L Software Needed?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »

Hi,
This is the CDROM directory listing:

Acrobat             Troubleshooting     icon.ico            install
D-View Cam          activeX             images              language
DCS-942L.ico        autorun.exe         index.hta           linkmap.xml
Manual              autorun.inf         index.html          script
QIG                 home                index_frame.html    settings

It seems to contain: Acrobat reader, D-View Cam, the manuals, and a setup utility.
I don't use windows or mac so I can't tell you what D-View cam does for you, but it's available for download.
 I setup the camera with its web config page.  You can record to sd card, send to ftp/email, or capture the stream with your own software also.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 06:31:56 AM »

The DCS-942L Install CD is located here: D-Link USA FTP Site (Multimedia)

A newer version of the CD Wizard is available on the Taiwan site, but please only download software labeled as "ww" (worldwide) or specifically labeled for the region/country where the DCS-932L was purchased: D-Link Taiwan Site (Downloads)

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:36:01 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 06:42:10 AM »

Please disregard the links I posted earlier and visit the myDlink support page for the latest software: myDlink Support
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC