The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-810L

possible to turn 810L into wifi adapter for laptop

<< < (2/3) > >>

batkinson001:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on August 09, 2017, 11:48:41 AM ---No, it's not, you use the OEM UI to load the FW file and it take over form there. Just be aware that you need to load the FACTORY or OEM to WRT file first. Don't load the systemupgrade first or you'll break the router recovery mode and if it becomes bricked for any reason, you won't have a way to recover or load back OEM FW. Besure to ready all of the instructions first.

--- End quote ---

It should still be setup as an extender so i will have to reset it to oem factory before doing anything.  I cannot even remember if it has a password (it shouldn't as it's a pain to remember years later).

FurryNutz:
Ya man. Factory reset the 810L and start from scratch. I would use IE11 or FF for working on any FW processes. Disable any PC security software whlie your doing this.

batkinson001:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on August 09, 2017, 12:11:42 PM ---Ya man. Factory reset the 810L and start from scratch. I would use IE11 or FF for working on any FW processes. Disable any PC security software whlie your doing this.

--- End quote ---
I have Edge (probably IE11 too), firefox, and chrome on the laptop. 

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on August 09, 2017, 11:56:03 AM ---I'll have to look at mine again, I may have loaded DD-WRT.

Its supported on there site:
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Usually WRT has bridge features which would work for your needs.

--- End quote ---

I will check the model version when I get home.

FurryNutz:
Use IE11 or FF only.

batkinson001:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on August 09, 2017, 12:19:50 PM ---Use IE11 or FF only.

--- End quote ---

i managed to flash the 810l with the A1 factory to ddwrt bin file in chrome before i realized i was in chrome still.  seems to be fine.  what do i do from here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version