• March 19, 2024, 12:13:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com  (Read 40209 times)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com
« on: April 01, 2015, 11:07:04 AM »

Summary
To get DCS Cloud enabled cameras to work correctly with the Mydlink.com service portal, a configuration of the camera(s) will be needed to ensure a good, un-interrupted connected with the service is maintained. Recent connection problems reported with cameras connecting to the service and gathering information from D-Link given should help resolve most of the connection issues seen between the cameras and the service portal.

Camera Configuration
uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding on DCS cloud (L) series cameras should be enabled on all cameras, single or multiple units. Now if you are configuring cameras and other devices for manual port forward configurations, then uPnP Port Forward should be disabled. You'll need to check your configurations on the main host router for this.

Having multiple cameras on one network system can't occupy one port # so uPnP needs to configure for another port for use. Handling of ports needs to be handled by uPnP and the uPnP Port Forwarding feature on the cameras when more than one camera is present on the same network. Having a single camera on the network, uPnP Port Forwarding on the camera may not be needed since its the only one needing a specific port which can be handled by the main host router. Which maybe why default settings should work in most cases. However, uPnP Port Forwarding can be enabled if your not using any manual Port Forward configurations on the main host router.

Older Generation Routers vs New Generation Routers
There maybe some older generation routers with FW that has not been updated by Mfrs to address a uPnP security problem that was found a few years back. This older uPnP issue maybe present in some router Mfrs FW and was not updated due to the router model being out dated and phased out and could cause some connections problems or incompatibility with connection cameras. uPnP code has been updated and has become more strict in his operation to prevent security issues in it's current form. Mfrs hopefully have updated there current and newer generation router FW to include this along with camera FW as well and some Mfrs may have not updated there FW. So newer generation cameras may see connection issues with the mydlink.com site thru there older generation main host routers. Enable uPnP Port Forwarding on the camera as a troubleshooting step to see if this corrects the access issue with the camera if connected to a older generation router which the uPnP code may not have been updated with in the routers FW.

I recently connected a older generation router (DIR-865L) to a DCS-933L, and the mydlink.com service portal could not access the camera until I enabled uPnP Port Forwarding on the camera. I connected a newer generation DIR-890L to my camera and left uPnP Port Forwarding disabled on the camera and I was able to access the camera via the service portal. I only have the one camera in my network configuration.

Update 8/01/2015: If using IE and other browsers, you need to install the D-Link Universal Media Player plug-in when requested on mydlink web page.

Support
Please post in the specific camera forum or the mydlink forum for connection help and troubleshooting if this information fails to correct any problems. Or we recommend phone contacting your regional D-Link support office for more immediate help and information. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email. While posting issues in this forum is a great means of sharing information with other members and notifying D-Link of issues, D-Link escalates issues for resolution based on the volume of calls received through the official D-Link support desk. If D-Link receives a large number of calls pertaining to the same issue, that issue is more likely to be escalated as a problem for investigation and resolution. As such, in addition to posting issues in this forum, forum members are encouraged to call the toll free D-Link support desk to report their issue: 1-888-851-6464.

Additional Info:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=37689.0

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:02:09 AM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.