• April 25, 2024, 07:37:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless bridge configuration not working with multiple devices  (Read 3531 times)

hoffmandirt

• Level 1 Member

I just purchased the DAP-1522 and I thought I had it all set up correctly. I seem to be having issues with my XBOX 360 and my DISH DVR when they are connected to the bridge at the same time. My XBOX is constantly losing connectivity when the DISH DVR is plugged into the bridge. When I unplug the DVR, the XBOX works fine. Both devices are slower than they were without the bridge.

Here is my setup:

I have a Netgear WNDR3700 simultaneous dual-band router set up on 10.0.0.1 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. I setup my wireless bridge with a static IP of 10.0.0.100 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. I added the bridge IP to my router's reserved list of IP addresses. I have the mode switch on the back of the DAP-1522 set to Bridge. The bridge is connected to my wireless N network. When I have my XBOX turned on and the DISH DVR on, my router only shows one or the other in its list of attached devices, depending on which one came on first. The host name is always "unknown". My device has the 1.21 firmware. Any ideas?

RESteve

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless bridge configuration not working with multiple devices
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 01:44:38 AM »

Watch the MAC addresses of devices connected to the DAP-1522. They're all alike? Then have a look at my post http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=15959.0