• March 29, 2024, 04:13:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: how to diganose when device goes offline  (Read 5506 times)

Rimshot

• Level 2 Member
how to diganose when device goes offline
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:14:48 PM »

My 5020L went offline tonight for 3 hours.  It is a remote camera 200 miles away.   It just came online a few minutes ago.   Is there a way (a log file for example) that I can check on why it went offline ?   It could be the camera, my router, my internet connection, or the power at the location of the 5020L.   Just wondering if I can diagnose remotely.   

My 933L did the same thing today but since it is at my current location, I didn't wait to see if it would come back online by itself.  I just unplugged and replugged the camera to the power cord.  My router, internet connection and power were all fine where the 933L is set up. 

If it is not caused by the router, internet connection or power, this is a serious issue for D-Link relative to being a reliable video surveillance option for many folks.

Tim

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: how to diganose when device goes offline
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 05:56:47 AM »

Every now and then (not that frequently) one of my Cloud cameras will drop from availability on mydlink and then comes up shortly thereafter. The camera still functions for local access and still records as expected when this occurs. I'm speculating the issue has something to do with the mydlink service, but don't have any firm answers.  ???  :-\
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 07:08:24 AM »

If you can log into the cameras firmware remotely then it isn't your internet.

The 5010l and 5020l aren't serious security cameras as you think. They don't have on board logging. These guys are stripped down models that provide the basics.

The 2230 and 5222l provide some logging to tell where your camera was accessed from on the Internet.

You could use a home automation kit such as Lowes iris.  Also put your camera and router and cable modem on ups backup. The $200 versions should provideup to 5 hours ofbattery backup with onlyone device attached. With iris you can use their smart plus to power cycle the camera.

Oh yeah dlink has an item now for that too.

Rimshot

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »

Yep, both cameras on back online.  Don't think it was the internet or power so i suspect the Mydlink service.   Forgot about checking directly with the camera so thanks for that suggestion

Tim

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 07:47:40 AM »

Glad to help. . .

This type of issue seemed to occur more frequently with my cameras about a year ago, but things seemed to have stabilized since then, as I don't see as many mydlink drops as of late.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC