• October 17, 2018, 04:24:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5020L - reset does nothing  (Read 2418 times)

berthagomez

• Level 1 Member
DCS-5020L - reset does nothing
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:24:52 PM »

Hello all you smart cookies! I'm hoping you might be able to share some wisdom and help me out.

I have a DCS 5020L that was working great at my previous home, but I have moved and want to set it up at my new place. The LED is solid red and a factory reset does nothing. When I use a pin to press in the button in the little hole, absolutely nothing happens. The LED doesn't even flicker. I can hear the little button click, and I hold it down for 10 seconds. Nothing. Hold it down for up to a minute. Still nothing.

Is there anything else I can try?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: DCS-5020L - reset does nothing
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:55:53 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
Re: DCS-5020L - reset does nothing
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 12:09:05 PM »

Hello all you smart cookies! I'm hoping you might be able to share some wisdom and help me out.

I have a DCS 5020L that was working great at my previous home, but I have moved and want to set it up at my new place. The LED is solid red and a factory reset does nothing. When I use a pin to press in the button in the little hole, absolutely nothing happens. The LED doesn't even flicker. I can hear the little button click, and I hold it down for 10 seconds. Nothing. Hold it down for up to a minute. Still nothing.

Is there anything else I can try?

Connect it to your router with an Ethernet cable and then see if you can access the admin interface in your web browser.