The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-2670L

DCS-2670l Installed

(1/5) > >>

DaDDz:
Finally setup and mounted the 2670l 180° Outdoor Cam.  A few thoughts.
1.  Camera mount consist of a thin round plastic mount screwed to the wall.  Cam slides down and locks onto it flush.  Cam cannot be adjusted side to side, only downward.  Would have been better to mount on an arm like the 5010l for better choice of positioning.
2.  Needs updated firmware.  Camera setup has some problems.  First the internal setup menus have issue with Firefox 53, live video flickers, menu icons are missing. None of my other cameras have these issues.  Manual setup for motion is very convoluted, not user friendly like the 5010l.  There is a wizard to do it also but it leaves out settings.  Daytime setup for motion (30%) sent numerous email snapshots with no apparent motion triggers with few intermittent push notifications to my iPhone.  Setting the motion trigger for evening/night stopped the emails but push notifications continued.  Have not been able to get night vision, which works well, to see motion.  This is the first night so I'll try adjusting to fix.  Also rebooting the camera loses a number of settings, not good.
3.  Video quality at 1080 is very good, but live streaming on 2.4ghz wireless was very lagged.  Dropping to 720 greatly improved.  Fish eye effect was minimal when camera is pointed straight ahead.  Angling it down 20-30° increases the effect though.  Night vision worked well but the area has a number of outdoor lights. 

Since there's no support here, I'll have to contact Canada support directly to see about firmware updates, etc.  Hopefully it gets released to US soon.  Motion sensing is my main concern.  That's the whole point of putting it up.  My 5010l has been a real workhorse in that regard and always reliable.
Links to pics of hardware and screenshots

http://ibb.co/dnb2Z5
http://ibb.co/nExsHQ
http://ibb.co/ehNRcQ

FurryNutz:
Thanks for the info and feedback.

RYAT3:

--- Quote from: DaDDz on August 28, 2017, 08:24:08 PM ---3.  Video quality at 1080 is very good, but live streaming on 2.4ghz wireless was very lagged.  Dropping to 720 greatly improved.  Fish eye effect was minimal when camera is pointed straight ahead.  Angling it down 20-30° increases the effect though.  Night vision worked well but the area has a number of outdoor lights. 

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what router you are using - but you might want to look into an extender or 2nd router that is close to the camera.
Have the extender connect at 2.4Ghz to the camera, and connect the extender back to the main router at 5Ghz, that should help a lot. (Depending on if your place works well with 5Ghz).

GreenBay42:
Thanks for the feedback.  I edited your image URLs btw  ;D

DaDDz:
Continued to have numerous settings issues with the cam.  Motion detection all but stopped regardless sensitivity setting.  Email snapshots stopped coming completely even  when push notifications indicated motion.  Settings randomly changed, time zone, motion detection and more.  Did all the usual, restarted, rebooted, factory reset.  Called support, but unfortunately they have little to go on because it's so new.  No issues reported.  Suggested to replaced it with a new one and see if the issues are duplicated and call them back.  Returned it and another is being shipped this week.  Will try again, but I've only 12 days left for a full refund.  My gut feeling is that it's a firmware issue and I'm not sure I would hold onto it while they resolve it given it's very limited release.  Will report back when I get the replacement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version