D-Link Mobile Apps > mydlink Home App

rename devices help

(1/2) > >>

dr_pepper:
So I have several cameras and somewhere in the last 6 months I can't figure out how to rename devices in the mydlink home app.  I set up a new camera and rename it through mydlink lite and I've also logged into the web server of the device and renamed there, but no matter what I do the device keeps its default name in the mydlink home app. 

FurryNutz:
I don't think you can rename the device names.

gkjeung:
I have the same problem. It used to work.   I have several cameras which I previously named based on location (Front, Garage, Yard, etc).  Now that I moved the cameras around I want to rename it, it keeps defaulting back to the old names after i change it.  Any recommendations?

FurryNutz:
Might try removing the app then re-installing. Or try removing the device from the mydlink.com service. Then re-add it using the app then see if you can give it a new name.

--- Quote from: gkjeung on February 17, 2018, 05:28:46 PM ---I have the same problem. It used to work.   I have several cameras which I previously named based on location (Front, Garage, Yard, etc).  Now that I moved the cameras around I want to rename it, it keeps defaulting back to the old names after i change it.  Any recommendations?

--- End quote ---

Mr.Navy:
Renaming is simple:
Open the mydlinkHome app
Open the settings page
In the Green rectangle is the name - Tap into it and Renate.
Done

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version