• September 24, 2018, 02:11:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: W110 API  (Read 2252 times)

jereme.guenther

• Level 1 Member
W110 API
« on: December 14, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »

I bought a few DSP-W110 smart plugs, and for what they are they work pretty great.  The dlink home app is another story, I hate the app, it sucks in just about every way imaginable.

Considering this smart plug doesn't do much, just On/Off/Status I thought I would try and write my own interface for it.  Unfortunately I have not been successful at finding any good documentation.  http://<IP Address>/NHAP1 gave me some basic device information, along with what seem to be SOAP methods to trigger the available events.  However, even with SOAPUI I have been unsuccessful in getting further.

Does anyone know if dlink has an API for this plug, or the mydlink home site that I could integrate with?  Considering how many times this plug has been hacked in the lab already I can not imagine they are holding an API back for security reasons.  And as a customer, not having an API or any interoperability with anything else is not making me happy.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: W110 API
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 11:35:30 AM »

Hacked in the lab? How so?

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. It's something that maybe D-Link proprietary. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!