• March 19, 2024, 03:33:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 446093 times)

striatum

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2012, 12:26:50 PM »

NTP time sync seems to be faulty as the cam sometimes gets the time on startup and sometimes does not. It should try every hour or so and not just on startup like now.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2012, 04:44:14 AM »

NTP time sync seems to be faulty as the cam sometimes gets the time on startup and sometimes does not. It should try every hour or so and not just on startup like now.

Can other DCS-5222L owners validate/replicate this issue?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2012, 04:45:15 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - More detailed log events to facilitate troubleshooting
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Nite Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 04:47:19 AM »

Hi I have been running a DCS 5300w webcam with it you could put pics to an ftp site without a new id for each pic so that the pic would continually overwrite the the previous .That way I can pick up the pic on my website (www.scillyman.co.uk ). I have bought a DCS 5222L and I can`t see how to disable the id suffix on the snap shots. This fills up the ftp site and my website cant pick up the pics. Anyone know how to do this.
Regards

Hi, Just out of interest, DLink support tell me that this facility is not available on the DCS 5222L although it was on the DCS5300W.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 04:49:16 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Nite Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)

• TBD

daryldoss

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 05:05:01 PM »

I just installed my first 5222L and have a request:

Would it be possible to add an option to the Patrol function to continuously cycle through preset locations until manually stopped?  My experience is that it goes through the list once and stops.  This would be helpful for continuous recording and for remote viewing.

Thanks!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2012, 09:39:28 AM »

I just installed my first 5222L and have a request:

Would it be possible to add an option to the Patrol function to continuously cycle through preset locations until manually stopped?  My experience is that it goes through the list once and stops.  This would be helpful for continuous recording and for remote viewing.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 09:41:21 AM »

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval

• TBD
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:44:26 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2012, 06:50:16 AM »

Hi all,
    I would like to have another bugs corrected relative to motion detection since a wrong motion is detected when changing from day to nite vision, both if it is an automatic or manual change.

Always about motion detection I have a question:
    I have now activated the PIR only, but I frequently have wrong alerts. I say wrong because nor the photos nor the video sent contains any evident motion sign. Do you think my hardware is failing?
Don't the PIR have to react to warm body only? Can you clarify me the difference between PIR and alarm based on differences detected between one photogram and the other?

I am going to move your original post containing this question to a new thread in the main DCS-942L section, as it relates more to configuring the camera rather than a wishlist item.

A great option to add would be the ability to HTTPS to my camera. On my knowledge, but I'm not an expert, a simple HTTP can be viewed and so the password of the camera intercepted for later abusive access.

Thank you very much and excuse me for my bad English!

Added...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:50:18 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2012, 06:50:53 AM »

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - HTTPS support
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval

• TBD

ody

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 12:27:37 PM »

Hi There:

I thought when I filled out a couple requests on this list a month or so ago, that these requests were something that went direct to developers for this product (aka DCS-5222L)
Shortly after posting, I then got the feeling this might not be the case.

I've submitted the requests to get the camera up to snuff with being able to constantly generate jpg images and at a faster rate so it can be used as a security camera (and I dare say this, but not as a toy)
It has great potential, but not quite there yet.

Can the op please reply with any info on what the odds are of this feature list of improvements actually being implemented.

Thanks.
Kind of holding out for a firmware, but if its not really going to happen, I think this camera needs to hit e-bay and I need to keep shopping.

Joe Public

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 08:00:05 AM »

Strangely it is the same bug of DCS-942L cam, solved only on latest firmware release.
Some months ago I gave a look to the manuals of the two cams (DCS-5222L and DCS-942L), and the firmware settings seem to be the same (except settings related to Pan/Tilt/Zoom feature - after all the  hardware is different).

May the DCS-5222L users give a look to the DCS-942L wishlist to see if the bugs are the same and/or even the required additional features? Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:03:08 AM by Joe Public »
Italian User

1 x DNS-325 (NAS) - Fw 1.04b05
1 x DCS-942L (IP Cam) - Fw 1.23.3404
1 x DCS-2230 (Full-HD IP Cam) - Fw 1.20.00
1 x DCS-5222L (HD PTZ cam) - Fw 1.12.3404
2 x DHP-501AV (500 mbps Power-Line kit)
1 x DGS-1005D (5-Port Gigabit Switch)
1 x DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2012, 11:40:50 AM »

Strangely it is the same bug of DCS-942L cam, solved only on latest firmware release.
Some months ago I gave a look to the manuals of the two cams (DCS-5222L and DCS-942L), and the firmware settings seem to be the same (except settings related to Pan/Tilt/Zoom feature - after all the  hardware is different).

May the DCS-5222L users give a look to the DCS-942L wishlist to see if the bugs are the same and/or even the required additional features? Thanks.

Although the similarity to the DCS-942L is quite compelling, do you know offhand if others experienced this issue on the DCS-5222L?

trafex

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 03:47:15 AM »

I want to add 'Linux Support' to the wishlist.
I'm running Ubuntu but it's impossible to view the liveview in any of the browsers (Firefox, Opera, Chrome).
It's Java, so it should be possible to make it work on linux.

Thanks!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 05:08:53 AM »

I want to add 'Linux Support' to the wishlist.
I'm running Ubuntu but it's impossible to view the liveview in any of the browsers (Firefox, Opera, Chrome).
It's Java, so it should be possible to make it work on linux.

Thanks!

Added...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15