• March 28, 2024, 02:54:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How can I uninstall the DPH-50U software  (Read 14273 times)

johncassel

• Level 1 Member
How can I uninstall the DPH-50U software
« on: July 05, 2010, 06:12:39 PM »

I no longer use the DPH-50U adapter and have gotten rid of it.  I cannot figure out how to uninstall the Dlink Monitor Software.  It is listed as D-Link USB VoIP Adapter in Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features/Uninstall or change a program but I cannot uninstall it from there.
Each time I boot my computer the program is is running.  How can I permanently uninstall the Dlink Monitor Software?
Thank you,
John

tricky

• Level 1 Member
Re: How can I uninstall the DPH-50U software
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »

I am a bit late replying but you could try going to devices and printers and remove the Dlink USB adapter..

This is on win 7

johncassel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 04:37:17 PM »

I am a bit late replying but you could try going to devices and printers and remove the Dlink USB adapter..

This is on win 7

I am on Vista and the Dlink DPH-50Udid not show up in Device Manage. 
The problem was that I could not remove the Dlink Monitor software from Add/Remove Programs or anywhere else. 
Here is my solution:
go to msconfig.exe
go to the Startup tab
find the Dlink Monitor software and de-select it.
that was the best that I could figure out.  The software is still on my computer but at least it does not run as far as I know.  Pain in the ____ to not be able to uninstall it though.

tricky

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:00:02 PM »

Possibly run regedit and delete any reference to dlink, it will probably tell you where it is located so you could delete it manually.

marty4f

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 09:07:31 PM »

I use revo uninstaller on XP Pro machine. (http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html)  No prob-took it straight out. Marty