• April 26, 2024, 08:47:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: BUG: SSL over WAN for 1.20"NA" Firmware  (Read 3440 times)

DIR-855 :-(

• Level 2 Member
BUG: SSL over WAN for 1.20"NA" Firmware
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:30:18 PM »

Can someone confirm that SSL from WAN is working on 1.20"NA" firmware.

I am able to get non SSL connections from a remote site (and local site connecting through WAN IP) but SSL refuses to connect (for the same scenarios listed).  ???
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:59:16 PM by whoisnader »

• Level 2 Member
Re: BUG: SSL over WAN for 1.20"NA" Firmware
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 09:14:01 PM »

I have discovered something very interesting that might help explain why this is happening.

When I rang Dlink support (in Malaysia I think), they were able to confirm the problem. However, once the Dlink person in Australia called me to help diagnose the problem, he was able to connect to it.

I then tried to connect to it from work and discovered that I could connect to my webserver in my NAS using SSL on port 443 but couldn't connect to the router on SSL port 8181 as I would get a proxy problem/error.
Note that both do not have valid certificates.

I wonder if this is some sort of incompatibility with certain proxy servers and the HTTP SSL server in the router?

• Level 2 Member
Re: BUG: SSL over WAN for 1.20"NA" Firmware
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 04:09:01 PM »

This is really of no surprise to me but a true indication that the SSL server has issues on the router.

I am able to connect to my QNAP file server admin pages via SSL on the standard port number for SSL but not the router on 8181.