• April 23, 2024, 08:36:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: how to change STP instance setttins  (Read 11181 times)

kriss332

how to change STP instance setttins
« on: January 11, 2012, 11:16:45 PM »

hello D-Link, i have a situation to solve. I am going to create a redundant line in my network (which is extended star presently). So first i am checking STP and Root settings between two switches, one is DES-3526 and another in L-3 switch) . I connected 2 trunks with STP enabled (only STP, because i want to make the central L-3 switch as Root afterwards in network and i have diferent VLANs spreaded everywhere). After connecting two trunks, L-2 switch became root (L-2 has lower MAC, L-3 is new switch and has higher MAC address). Now i want to change the priority of L-3 switch in order to make it root. But i am not able to find a place in GUI, where i could change it. I know CISCO CLI, but new to D-Link. Is there any provision of changing Priority in GUI or it can be done only through CLI ?
      While trying to change STP priority through CLI, it asks for instance_id :-

DES-3526:admin# config stp priority 8192     

Next possible completions:
instance_id

What to do now  & another question :- In the non-root switch, can i choose which port to block ?
      THANKS..