The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-505L

505L not recognizing iPhone 5 as available connection

<< < (2/2)

FurryNutz:
Do you mean 5Ghz? Yes the 5 is supporting of 5ghz if thats what you mean, however the 500 series routers are only 2.4Ghz...

ksmnet:
Yeah, I meant 5 Ghz.  Anyway, the iPhone 5 is b/g/n architecture. 

I just spent about an hour with Dlink tech support.  I updated the FW on my 506L, and it will see my iPhone (in fact, I'm using it right now via my 506L).  However, the 505L just will not see the iPhone.  The tech guy could not find anything that said it is supposed to see the iPhone.

I guess I'll have to return the 505L, and just get another 506L.

I appreciate your help, though.

FurryNutz:
I can only presume either the 505 is faulty or the FW is incompatible with the iPhone and just hasn't been updated. If the 506L works and the 505 doesn't, then a return would be best. I'll forward this to D-Link for higher up review.

Good Luck.

ksmnet:
Yep, I'm returning the 505L.  It would have been nice if it had worked.  It is a bit more compact for my vehicle than the 506L.  I've tried setting up to use my printer via my iPhone wi-fi, but when I connect my laptop that way, the printing is super slow.  That's why I wanted to use the 505L.

FurryNutz:
I'll forward this to D-Link. Possible incompatibility between teh FW and new iOS devices.
Glad the 506L works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version