• March 29, 2024, 07:15:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Firmware 1.21 Beta Feedback and Comments!  (Read 186511 times)

MPDamon

• Level 2 Member
Re: Firmware 1.21 Beta Feedback and Comments!
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 02:37:07 PM »

Think mine just bombed.  Haven't been home to check it out yet but I am locked out remotely which usually means it's shot.  I have been pretty quiet for a while.  Watching but not posting.  I have sent what I can to Dlink especially with the PS3 issues only to get the cold shoulder now with all responses stopping. 

I know there was some complaining against the guys that were in here *****ing and demanding. 

I'm sorry but I don't blame them at all.  It's become quite unreal again and is as bad if not worse than the move from 1.02 way back when.  I don't know what to do other than laugh sometimes.  I work on high end routers daily and thought for home I picked a good and fun product to mess with for my gaming needs.  However it's quite sad at this point to say that this product is pretty much a door stop.  I like a lot of people upgraded from the dgl-4300. 

I guess for now it's back to the dd-wrt router. 

Really D-Link.  I'ts time to get some higher end techs on the job and get your product at least working for people.  Right now it doesn't even function as a low end router.  Much less a 200 dollar product that most here paid.

Agent007PR

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »

Here are my statistics, i haven't rebooted since the beta firmware release. Wireless is lacking a lot in performance.

LAN STATISTICS
Sent :773784
TX Packets Dropped :7
Collisions :0
Received :433602
RX Packets Dropped :0
Errors :0

WAN STATISTICS
Sent :4924255
TX Packets Dropped :0
Received :6829818

WIRELESS STATISTICS
Sent :5393107
TX Packets Dropped :12350
Received :4529678
RX Packets Dropped :3185
Errors :5022

OtilioDJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 08:47:14 PM »

Well folks this latest flavor of FW is very unstable like I mentioned I followed all posted procedures before flashing and it's been a nightmare ever since Here are my stats:

Sent :33321
TX Packets Dropped :3
Received :0
WAN STATISTICS

Sent :46497
Received :427333
WIRELESS STATISTICS

Sent :959073
TX Packets Dropped :709
Received :918380
Errors :11129

Copyright © 2004-2008 D-Link Systems, Inc.

iconeater

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 10:58:24 PM »

LAN Statistics

Sent :2760141
TX Packets Dropped :3
Received :1824533

WAN Statistics

Sent :1614217
Received :5741825

Wireless Statistics

Sent :586233
TX Packets Dropped :23765
Received :601894
RX Packets Dropped :1995
Errors :9438

So far I have had to reboot 3 times, oh and the clock still doesn't keep time. Another thing go to your log, look through it you should see info, warn, etc.  I have over 1900 messages but if you uncheck all and only select the ones you want to see 0 show.

I know there are warn messages for multiple categories I can see them when all check boxes are selected but, when I to try to view just 1 or 2, anything but all check boxes, 0 messages is all I get. 
So The filter is broken too. 

Oh and here's a new one for you Just now All Google site were dead to me. All other sites were fine, except for yahoo.com which thought I was on a mobile browser cause it would auto redirect me to m.yahoo.com. Reboot via the admin page Google sites now back and all other working as they should, for now.

I mean really, basic items like this filter and the clock not working? How Mickey Mouse of a development team is on this?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:25:56 AM by iconeater »

Fearreality

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 08:52:53 AM »

Think mine just bombed.  Haven't been home to check it out yet but I am locked out remotely which usually means it's shot.  I have been pretty quiet for a while.  Watching but not posting.  I have sent what I can to Dlink especially with the PS3 issues only to get the cold shoulder now with all responses stopping. 

I know there was some complaining against the guys that were in here *****ing and demanding. 

I'm sorry but I don't blame them at all.  It's become quite unreal again and is as bad if not worse than the move from 1.02 way back when.  I don't know what to do other than laugh sometimes.  I work on high end routers daily and thought for home I picked a good and fun product to mess with for my gaming needs.  However it's quite sad at this point to say that this product is pretty much a door stop.  I like a lot of people upgraded from the dgl-4300. 

I guess for now it's back to the dd-wrt router. 

Really D-Link.  I'ts time to get some higher end techs on the job and get your product at least working for people.  Right now it doesn't even function as a low end router.  Much less a 200 dollar product that most here paid.

+1 or they could give us the jtag pin-out, source code, and let us fix it ourselves. I'd rather deal with my own mistakes than those of others. And yes mine is running worse with 1.21 than 1.20 . It actually caused my whole network to lock up twice. If I had my choice I would want to go back to 1.16 because even 1.02 had issues (hence the reason I have had two 4500's crippled).

Agent007PR

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 09:13:44 AM »

I have seen the same issue that Iconeater had with google. It's a real pain... The messages were broken on 1.20 too. I know there must be someone concerned about what all this people that has bought the 4500. If there isn't ( just a dude planing on a new hardware with the label "Problems Fixed Here"), just let us know so we move on. Maybe we can find a product that doesn't bug out because you use it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:16:25 AM by Agent007PR »

Cindy Brady

• Level 1 Member
    • Be A Tattle Tell
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 12:31:31 PM »

I have seen the same issue that Iconeater had with google. It's a real pain... The messages were broken on 1.20 too. I know there must be someone concerned about what all this people that has bought the 4500. If there isn't ( just a dude planing on a new hardware with the label "Problems Fixed Here"), just let us know so we move on. Maybe we can find a product that doesn't bug out because you use it.

Iconeater emailed me saying he was banned for Abusive Tones and Flaming.

Dlink is posting trolling messages as "users" to start flame wars and get active complainers banned. Don't get sucked in.

They have deleted many of my messages and Many Topics namely the class action lawsuit one from the DGL-4500 forum.

I THINK THAT IS HORRIBLE DLINK!

I'm Gonna tell!

arod

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 01:11:46 PM »

So if it's OK for you to assume we're posing as regular users then it must be OK for us to assume you Cindy Brady are also iconeater?? You got nothing but time to harass normal users who legitimately having working routers and want to give positive feedback. As soon as something positive is posted you guys are quick to bash.

We as D-Link employees are here to help and not play games with an issue so serious. We understand the nature of this issue unfortunately things aren't going the way we want it to. Trust me, do you think we like having these problem and dealing with these complaints? All we can do is take what you guys give us and try to fix it.

DLP

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2009, 01:28:27 PM »

You know what, Ru-Fi-Oh? I do think you're doing your best to get this fixed.

It's a shame you don't seem to have an appropriate "sales manager" type stepping in to liaison, 'cause as you're aware, you have some really frustrated customers.

"Trust me, do you think we like having these problem and dealing with these complaints?"

See, that's awful PR, if you'll excuse me for saying so. Oh well.

Phoenix

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 01:44:39 PM »

Ru-Fi-Oh there have been what 10, 12 maybe more firmware "fixes" to resolve these issues.  As far as I can tell there is no difference between the 1.20 and this latest beta 1.21.

If you think we don't want a fix and all we want to do is complain you are mistaken.

Realize that you are dealing with people who paid a premium price for above average device and are getting below average results some for a year or longer.

Who do I contact to send this router back to Dlink and be refunded?

I'm convinced your developers can't fix this router.

grove

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 03:00:15 PM »

Ru-Fi-Oh:
so far these are the problem issues
Reinvented and defaultPlayer thank you, with your permission
 I summerised the problem issues:

1.quirks with the CAPTCHA authentication
2.UPnP functionality
3.The wireless speeds suck still,
and performance drops off almost immediately.
4.N is just completely messed up, and for some reason in
the Status page, it ALWAYS shows a channel
difference of 4 channels, since 802.11N requires
channel bonding to TWO channels.
5.Gaming is still having lots of disconnect issues,
and high latency.
6.Wireless, and that was decently okay for gaming.
The spikes still happen, very badly.
Doesn't quite lock me out of wan, but the latency gets so bad,
that I check the tab, and it shows it's broadcasting
and connecting at around 18 Mbps.
That's pretty bad, and really needs to be fixed.
7.Network connected HDTV that used to get speeds in the 240-270 mbps range
on wireless-N (5GHz) with firmware 1.15 and below now only gets 6-13

Reinvented and defaultPlayer thank you again

Ru-Fi-Oh:
we want these things fixed ASAP we payed good money for this router the minimum
is to fix these ASAP days not weeks and months
this is crazy and outrageous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is not professional !!!!!!!!!
sorry for my tone but i think  we all deserve a working firmware to this expensive router

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 03:28:59 PM »

Right now I've been up for 3 days and 19hrs and while it hasn't ground to a halt yet web pages and the router menu have some delay before they load up.  I've also noticed that my lan error count is starting to slowly creep up again as I near the 4 day mark just like 1.20 did.

D-Link will you please rewrite the code and allow us to roll back to 1.02 which has been the most reliable fw that I've used to date.

OtilioDJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 03:31:05 PM »

Although I am not a hardware or Software engineer I believe the channel separation is needed to keep frequency interference to a minimum, just a thought. As far as bonding goes, 2 frequencies  transmitting the same info, simultaneously and in Sync. I could be wrong and more than likely am  ???
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 03:34:28 PM by OtilioDJ »

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 03:44:58 PM »

As before, I've mentioned EVERYTHING that I possibly could in trying to get this fixed.  Still keeping in touch with Ru-Fi-Oh on my progress towards the testing.  Every problem that I've listed is up above in my previous posts. 

Yes, it absolutely DOES SUCK that we don't have a working product anymore.  However, there isn't much we can do about that right now.  And flaming and trolling doesn't help either.  It is afterall a place to help.  Iconeater did start trolling, and started flaming me as well earlier.  However he seemed to shape up a bit.  However, him getting banned was his own doing, and the moderators should not have to take blame for that after he was warned several times.  Now, you can go smash D-Link elsewhere.  This is a place for help, and in fact, they don't HAVE to help you at all, or provide you with beta firmwares or anything.  They could easily shut this board down, and give you absolutely NO SUPPORT of ANY KIND.  I am glad they put it up, as opposed to being on the phone with support, and someone who doesn't speak english.

Some of the code cannot be rolled back, as there were some important updates provided by Ubicom.  Again, Ubicom mostly provides the major updates, and it's D-Link's job to modify it.  However, if there are major problems with it in the first place, its not D-Link - but Ubicom. 

In the meantime, since I am tired of testing myself, and I'd like to actually enjoy some of my free time this summer I threw up an old WRT54GS with DD-WRT.  I'm getting used to that now more, since it provides a bit more, and is actually stable for my needs.  Buy a cheap router in the meantime if you'd like. 

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 04:39:40 PM »

I honestly believe that there's a memory leak with this router which is why it cannot stay functional for long periods of time without a reboot.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19