• March 28, 2024, 02:35:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: File Permissions Problems  (Read 8246 times)

bosstone75

• Level 1 Member
File Permissions Problems
« on: November 23, 2018, 04:11:51 PM »

I've done a bit of research and found things that got me close to an answer, but never quite there.

I have a DNS-321 NAS drive set up with very few modifications from the way it came out of the box. Currently, I am primarily using a Mac, but I have plans in the future to get a PC as well, so I need the files to be accessible by both systems. I am mostly just using it to store family photos.

I am having problems using Filezilla 3.38.1 on my Mac iOS 10.12.6 to add files to folders I created either through Filezilla or directly from my Finder. I get the errors:

Response: 553-Can't open that file: Permission denied Response: 553 Rename/move failure: No such file or directory

I have logged into the drive through Filezilla using the two user accounts on the DNS I have created and they both have the same problem. I've gone to the FTP settings on the DNS and looked at both accounts. They both have read and write access to the drive.

I have also tried signing into the admin account of the DNS-321, but I am unable to sign into the admin account of the DNS despite the fact that I can sign into the admin account on the web interface.

I have tried to right click on the folder and gone to File Attributes to try and change the Read Write and Executable options there. When I try and check all three of those options (Write is currently not checked) I get an error message that say "Response: 550 Could not change perms on ....."

I need help either using my admin account on through Filezilla on my DNS-321 OR I need help changing the permissions so the other accounts are able to access all of the files and folders (read and write). I have a ton of files and folders, so preferably a solution that wouldn't require me to do something for each individual file. I need the solution to be possible using a Mac.

Thanks for any ideas you have!