• March 28, 2024, 09:51:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5635 Going nuts!  (Read 19211 times)

bobbychet

• Level 1 Member
DCS-5635 Going nuts!
« on: May 31, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »

Hello new to the D-link forum
I have a DCS-5635 camera and
sometimes it goes crazy!
It'll rotate to the rear and stay there and will
not go back to it's preset position. I've tried resetting the camera
and it still goes back to the rear facing locked up position.
Could this be a range issue? Have other people on this forum
experienced simular actions from their cameras?
thanks Bobby

mkryman

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-5635 Going nuts!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »

I've had the same problem with two DCS-5635 cameras. They just start going wild all on their own and then eventually become stable...sometimes it takes days for that to happen. Then they may work fine for a few days and then you may click to go to a preset or move right, ect....and they go crazy like you said rotating in all directions. I contacted customer support, gave them control of my cameras and they got the same results. They, informed me the cameras must be defective and I should return them to where I bought them. I believe they have an unresolved issue here....your not crazy, the cameras are.

pogmothon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 03:55:06 AM »

I think this is probably no consolation to the original posters, but I had the same problem (March 2014!), and tried to get a refund from Dlink, but instead they sent me a new version of the firmware (1.02) which seems to have cured the problem, EVEN THOUGH this version of the firmware has STILL not been posted on the DLINK website.  What wonderful customer service!!!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 04:44:33 AM »

I think this is probably no consolation to the original posters, but I had the same problem (March 2014!), and tried to get a refund from Dlink, but instead they sent me a new version of the firmware (1.02) which seems to have cured the problem, EVEN THOUGH this version of the firmware has STILL not been posted on the DLINK website.  What wonderful customer service!!!

Please see the following FAQ: DNS ShareCenter - Why Isn't The Latest Firmware Posted on the D-Link USA Sites?

Adding to the content in the referenced FAQ post, there are sometimes instances where D-Link device owners who contact customer support are provided with links to beta firmware to resolve specific issues. In many cases these pre-release firmware files are still undergoing United States QA testing, and are therefore not published on the D-Link USA website.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

saidmacias

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »

Hello, I've been having the exact same trouble you described.  Through which channel did you contact D-Link Support? Any chance of sharing the 1.02 firmware? TIA!

guinho

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 11:03:52 AM »

Hello, I've been having the exact same trouble you described.
Please help to solve this problem.

phsc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 11:28:08 PM »

same issue here