D-Link Range Extenders > DAP-1860

Unable to extend existing DIR-890 configuration

<< < (2/3) > >>

FurryNutz:
Wow, with a PW like that, I presume there is some unsupported characters in that PW.  :o
For now, remove all special characters and use only letters and numbers. I'll ask D-Link what is supported on the DAP.

sschnath:
Was just randomly generated by Roboform. If the 890L had MAC filtering I'd be a little less concerned about the password strength. I'll be curious to hear what you're able to find out. Thanks!

FurryNutz:
all the years Ive been using letters and numbers only. Been safe and secure here. 13 characters is max on some devices and such. I still only use 8.  ::)

FurryNutz:
Ok, here what I got from D-Link:
WPA supports 8 to 63 ASCII characters.
Supported characters: 0-9,a-z,A-Z,~!@$%^&*()_+-={}[];:|,./<>?

They said that maybe how clients are parsing these characters maybe the issue. So your combination your using on the 890L maybe the DAP is handling or not handling your combination in your PW you set up. So try something less complex or different on the 890L so the DAP and other clients can handle the PW better. Instead of using your PW, try making something up and replace normal letters with special characters like for example:
TheQu!ckBr0wnF0xJump$OverTheL@zyD0gsB@ck

The PW doesn't have to be too complex to be secure and keep things safe.

sschnath:
Ok, I will figure something out. That will certainly be better than buying new hardware I don't need. Thanks for looking into this for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version