The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-815

DIR-815 question

(1/2) > >>

RichA1:
Quick question, I am in the market for a new router, I want a dual band, and saw the DIR-815 on sale for $40.
Since this is so cheap is there a reason for this, is this an old router, would it be worth spending the $40 or is it near EOL?

Thanks.

FurryNutz:
It's good for the price. Is it a Rev A or B, there is a Rev B avilalbe.

I haven't seen much development on the 815 and I presume it maybe headed to EOL as there are other newer generation routers out there, i.e. DIR-826L/836L.

I presume most of the bugs have been worked out and only issues that D-Link would address would be any security issues that are seen on there security web page.

If your just needed a router for general useage and nothing too specific, $40 bucks is cheap. If your getting it for the parents or someone just needing a router for general use, you'll be good.

I'd run some comparison on newer gens as a alternative before you buy.

Let us know what you get.

RichA1:
Thanks for the info.

FurryNutz:
 ;)

RichA1:
Decided to get it since it came to $35 on sale. It is a Rev.B, so far so good, for the price for a dual band you can't go wrong for a backup router.
I have an old Netgear router that is also dual band that I loved, but recently it is dropping connections, and it is also making loud creaking thumping noises, it is starting to overheat, I always clear dust from it, and I power the wifi off when I am not using it (Netgear routers have wifi power off/on switches on the back), but the creaking plastic/thumping noises tell me it is about to fail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version