• March 29, 2024, 02:57:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Question about DGL-4100  (Read 3605 times)

oblaf3333

• Level 1 Member
Question about DGL-4100
« on: August 19, 2010, 12:12:44 PM »

I just ordered the DGL-4100 today i should recive it by monday.  I did not know that this device was only a networking device and did not have a modem.  My old router that i am replacing is a DYNEX E401.  I was replacing it it due to connection errors and poor online gamming.  Is the DGL-4100 compatable with the DYNEX E401 or would it be better to buy an external modem and bridge them that way?  I dont know much about computers or anything i was kind of hopeing i could just plug wires into ports and have it work.  Im looking for the best results from my router and modem so if you have suggestions for me i am willing to go buy products that are compatable with the DGL-4100.

Thanks.

Mightydathin

• Level 1 Member
Re: Question about DGL-4100
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »

Looking at your previous model of router I did not see any difference between the DYNEX E401 and the DGL-4100. They bothe have four LAN ports and One WAN port it should pop right in the same as your old one. Any external dsl or cable modem that you use should be compatible.  Just follow the easy to use quick setup guide included with your equipment.