• April 16, 2024, 12:44:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: What firmware can I update to?  (Read 6270 times)

rodolgo

• Level 1 Member
What firmware can I update to?
« on: June 01, 2010, 04:55:05 AM »

Hi,

Now running happily on HW A2 / FW 1.12EU. Firmware is a bit old, and for security purposes, would prefer to update to the latest (and hopefully greatest  ;)) FW.

What firmware version could I update to ?

Thanks!

Rodolphe

rajveer

• Level 1 Member
Re: What firmware can I update to?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »

Exactly the same situation, hardware A2, firmware 1.12EU 2008/10/23.

I'm considering upgrading the firmware but not sure if it's really worth it. My DIR-855 runs absolutely perfectly with 2 wired desktops, 2 laptops using 2.4GHz, 2 laptops using 5GHz, a Wii and a PS3, and a number of phones, often with many of these devices simultaneously on and downloads at my full bandwidth of around 23Mb/s. No router restarts, no dropped packets, the router is really really stable, so I'm wary of installing a new firmware on it!

Do the latest firmwares have any stability or other issues? If things are good now is it risky updating? Also, can we export and restore settings between 1.12 and the newer firmwares?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:05:06 PM by rajveer »

rodolgo

• Level 1 Member
Re: What firmware can I update to?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 03:14:14 AM »

FYI, my router sits behind a cable modem (100 Mbps), and serves 6 wireless PCs (a mix of 2.4 and 5 GHz), another cascading router for WLAN extension (Apple Airport Extreme) and 2 wireless media players, and has 2 NAS / multimedia players connected to the Ethernet ports.

So I'm 100% with you - "if it ain't broken, then don't fix it", unless the improvements are worth the upgrade.

Regards,

Rodolphe