• April 18, 2024, 09:14:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-1522 Speed Fluctuations  (Read 2577 times)

cg1200

• Level 1 Member
DAP-1522 Speed Fluctuations
« on: March 08, 2011, 07:38:37 PM »

I just got this thing from amazon and seem to have it working with two laptops that have N cards. However if I look at the wireless status my signal strength is perfect, a full 5 bars. But the speeds range from 61-300. It seems to generally hang around at 144Mbps most of the time which isn't terrible. The 1522 is sitting directly behind my couch. Seems like I should be getting higher, more consistent speeds. Is this normal? My old Cisco AP stayed rock solid at 54Mbps all day and night. Why does this thing jump all over the place? I havea 60Mbps connection to the internet and according to speedtest I'm getting around 40Mbps through the 1522. Double what I was getting on the wireless G routers but still not great.

I'm pretty close to returning this thing. Seems like a piece of junk to be honest.

jerry6

• Level 2 Member
Re: DAP-1522 Speed Fluctuations
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:52:51 PM »

normal , wireless will go up and down .. you're getting pretty good speeds . What are your wireless clients ?