• April 19, 2024, 03:42:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-655 WAN Cable shows disconnected when plugged to modem, no IP  (Read 3989 times)

awake724

• Level 1 Member
DIR-655 WAN Cable shows disconnected when plugged to modem, no IP
« on: September 29, 2010, 08:25:08 AM »

I have had the DIR-655 A4 fw1.21 setup with my "Rogers Express modem SB5100" for the past year and all was working fine, even have two 1522's connected to the 655.

I was away on vacation for a few days, got back and noticed I could not get any internet access on my laptops and iPhones/iPods.  Checked the router and noticed the WAN section has no IP, all 0.0.0.0's and cable indicates "Disconnected", even though cable from modem is plugged into the internet port.

As a test, I plugged the cable modem directly to my laptop and it works fine, grabs an IP and internet access is great.  I upgraded the 655 to fw1.34NA as well, no luck I still have the same problem.

Question is, can the WAN/Internet port be dead all of a sudden?  I even cloned my laptops MAC, no luck.

Any thoughts before I toss this router out the window and buy a new one?

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
Re: DIR-655 WAN Cable shows disconnected when plugged to modem, no IP
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 08:45:11 AM »

First thing to try is to power down the router and the modem.  Restore power to the modem and let it boot up, then return power to the router and see if it pulls an IP address.

awake724

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:04:24 AM »

I've also tried that, powered down the modem and router for 1min, turned on the modem, waited about 2 min and turned on the router, gave it 2 min.  Connected my laptop to the router via cable and checked the status and nothing - no IP from the modem, cable still says "Disconnected".  Oddly enough, the modem also does not show the PC/Activity light as on, as it does when I connect it directly to my laptop.

Even tried two different cables.  I'm starting to think the port is dead on the router.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 12:18:03 PM »

It is possible that it may still be under warranty, I would contact Costumer Support and see what they are able to do for you.

pspanhel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 02:29:15 AM »

I had the same thing happen today following a lightning storm.  Looks like the lightning caused a pulse via the cable modem that killed the wan port on the 655, all else works okay.

marmoduke

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 10:01:14 AM »

This may be too simple, however, have you made sure the modem "standby" button was not pressed?