• April 19, 2024, 02:47:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: need help connecting a second router thru my 4100  (Read 5109 times)

eival

• Level 1 Member
need help connecting a second router thru my 4100
« on: December 21, 2009, 04:35:40 PM »

hello ive recently purchased a EBR-2310 and i want to use it to expand my network.

now i have my 4100 pretty much locked down so im sure if i just reset it to factory defaults the 2 routers would work perfectly but i dont want to do that. cause of the security issues.

just to note, i have the MAC address filter on and i have the DHCP range limited to just the devices i use, so naturally when i first connected the 2310, i added the MAC address of the router to the filter in the 4100 and increased the IP range by 1 an gave the router than IP, but i still cant get the DHCP server to establish on the 2310 which means the computer an xbox attached to it cant connect to the internect.

so thats where im at now, any help would be great
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 04:43:56 PM by eival »

sumfinx

• Level 1 Member
Re: need help connecting a second router thru my 4100
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:18:54 PM »

If you want to connect a second router to an existing router you have to turn off the DHCP on the router being added. and make sure you connect it to one of the data ports and not the uplink for the modem.