• March 29, 2024, 04:38:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Multimedia/Gaming Environment setting  (Read 43063 times)

LocutusX

• Level 1 Member
Multimedia/Gaming Environment setting
« on: February 07, 2009, 08:33:54 PM »

For those of you who installed the RALink drivers, rather than the D-Link ones, if you go to the Device Manager configuration for the DWA-140, you will see a setting called "Multimedia/Gaming Environment" which can be set to Enabled or Disabled.

Anyone have some sort of idea what that setting does?

SoWErA

• Level 1 Member
Re: Multimedia/Gaming Environment setting
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 07:06:28 PM »

I would also very much like to know this only reason I found this forum is because I was googling for the answer to this.

kovboi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 01:58:09 PM »

enabling this setting solved my problems with streaming netflix video

Akiba356

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 01:53:52 PM »

I live in England and when playing online multiplayer games I always experienced something called packet loss. This would involve me on a 10 man frag killing streak then all of a sudden... packet loss. My game freezes for 1 or 2 seconds due to connection and wham I'm dead, or in certain games punkbuster accuses me of speed hacking and bans me from the server. I enabled this setting after months of pain and I rarely get packet loss now, it basically puts emphasis on safely delivering packets to your computer.