• April 25, 2024, 06:19:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Volume 1 missing after firmware update  (Read 3534 times)

xputnic

• Level 1 Member
Volume 1 missing after firmware update
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:49:19 AM »

hi,

After I updated from firmware 1.06 to 1.08 I can't access volume 1 anymore. I can logon to the NAS thru the web interface, but not on the network. I've rebooted both router, computer and NAS, but nothing happens. I've tried to access thru http://192.168.0.xxx but nothing happens.

please help me

Bakul

• Level 1 Member
Re: Volume 1 missing after firmware update
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 11:24:22 AM »

Hi,

I was just curious how and why did you update to 1.08 when 1.09 is already available.

Have you tried remapping your drive? This had happend to my 64 bit computer. I had to remap using windows method. Search utility did not help me.

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 12:15:59 PM »

There is no difference between 1.08 and 1.09 other than the backup app so it makes no difference for 99.9% of the people which one they choose.

Did you go into the Network Access setup and verify the share information was still accurate?
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

magic999

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:44:27 PM »

Hi

I have several DNS-323s and one of them exhibits this problem on a regular basis - all of mine have separate hard disks and are not in a RAID configuration.

When I reboot all my DNS-323s after a power cut, or if I have been away and turned them off, one of them reboots with only one drive found - it is always the same DNS-323.

I have found that the solution to this problem is to turn the DNS-323 off - then remove and refit the 2 hard disks - then both drives are found when I turn it back on.

I suspect that the problem may be that one of the hard disks does not return an "all OK with me" type signal in time for the start up checks of this particular DNS-323.

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 02:54:10 PM »

You didn't say if you've tried a factory reset and manual re-configure. You might want to try that.
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 03:06:30 PM »

IMO a factory reset is mandatory after a firmware upgrade with this box.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.