• March 28, 2024, 10:19:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: real factory reset  (Read 5213 times)

ujtordai

• Level 1 Member
real factory reset
« on: February 20, 2022, 03:53:40 AM »

Hi All,

What I noticed,
I tried more times and more ways the factory reset,
. in the mobile app
. in the config (Management\SystemAdmin\System)
. with a paperclip on the device.
It seems to me it is not a real factory reset, because it left the device password in the M15 device settings.

My question is, how can I restore the original factory config state?

Thanks

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
Re: real factory reset
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 06:41:24 PM »

If you have attempted various methods to perform a factory reset on your device but it seems that the device password remains in the M15 device settings, there are a few steps you can try to restore the original factory configuration state:

Double-check the manufacturer's documentation: Review the user manual or documentation provided by the device manufacturer to ensure you are following the correct procedure for performing a factory reset. It may provide specific instructions or key combinations to initiate a complete reset.

Contact customer support: Reach out to the manufacturer's customer support or technical support team. They can provide guidance and assistance on how to properly perform a factory reset on your specific device model. They may also be able to address any concerns regarding the device password persisting after the reset.

Consider firmware updates: Check if there are any available firmware updates for your device. Installing the latest firmware version may help resolve any issues or inconsistencies related to the factory reset process. Again, refer to the manufacturer's documentation or contact their support for guidance on updating the firmware.

Professional assistance: If the above steps do not resolve the issue of
epoxy garage flooring toronto, it may be necessary to seek professional assistance from the manufacturer's authorized service center or a qualified technician. They can assess the device and perform the necessary steps to restore it to the original factory configuration state.

It's important to note that the specific steps for restoring the original factory config state may vary depending on the device model and manufacturer. Following the manufacturer's instructions and seeking their support will be the most reliable way to address this issue.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
Re: real factory reset
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 08:34:11 PM »

A bunch of beta tested those devices and nobody really liked them.
Makes sure you have the April 23 security update from the tech website:

https://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=M15

If you have other devices in your Mesh I would make sure they are all turned off and then do your factory reset.  I did from both the app and the device webpage and both worked BUT I haven't used these since we stopped testing them.

Be careful with the post above mine, user hides spam in the text.