• April 28, 2024, 07:09:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Petition for going back to 1.02 - Dlink needs to allow this.  (Read 15389 times)

MPDamon

• Level 2 Member

I know D-link says there were some critical fixes in 1.10 and the OS changed but if they could do program to allow an upgrade then they can certainly program to allow a downgrade. 

1.10 - 1.13 just do not function correctly.  I'm losing faith that fixes for these issues are coming. 

If your like me and would be happy going back to 1.02 for now plead your case here.

If we are going to see an updated Beta firmware soon that has fixes in it and not new feature then that's fine.  But if they are happy with 1.13 then a downgrade path needs to be looked at as an option.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:53:09 AM by MPDamon »

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
Re: A Petition for going back to 1.02 - Dlink needs to allow this.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 05:00:18 PM »

Ditto on a 1.02 rollback path.

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »

I just want the ps2 and ps3 I use to get the same connection as with 1.02.

The lag fest i'm having now with 1.12 and 1.13 is not funny anymore.

phat78boy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 10:00:58 PM »

Agreed. None of the updates since 1.02 have functioned correctly and its highly frustrating. I really wonder why we paid a premium for this device if it wasn't ready for prime time.

Woogie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 02:50:38 PM »

On the bright side, at least D-Link will allow this type of conversation in their forums. I bought a Linksys WRT330N, and trust me, the problems that exist with the DGL-4500 are nothing. Further, they will delete any post that is derogatory toward the product - which is why I now buy D-Link.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 04:15:03 PM »

Oh believe me I know about linksys as I had a new rvs4000 that was super problematic and they erased all of my posts about it.  Now I do use linksys cable modems.  I'm currently using my old befcmu10 v4 and have a new cm100 in the box as a backup.

Before cisco absorbed linksys I swore by them.  I've run their routers for years and the last good one I had was wrt54gx v1 which lightning took out and started this whole mess with me going through routers until I got the dgl-4500.  Apart from the streaming rtsp issue and port forwarding for gaming rules I really like this router.  I can only hope that d-link will discover why so many people are having problems with everything after 1.02 and correct them.

You know I was thinking and could it be a cpu timeslice issue with the new code not being processed fast enough?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 05:52:09 AM by Puffnstuff »

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 04:29:34 PM »

Oh how I wish I could spread that post all these forums. So many people thing Linksys is going to save them from the "evil D-Link Monster".

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 07:13:20 PM »

The last time I had a Linksys router was back in 2004.  And it could be put up to the task of torrenting or anything.

Got the DGL-4300, and all was awesome.  Pings were a bit higher, but overall it was great.  It worked.

The 4500 has it's problems, and I'm just hoping it gets resolved soon.  My warranty is almost up on it, and the problems can't even be replicated.

It makes it that much more difficult.

FuriaRi0T

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 09:50:56 PM »

Oh how I wish I could spread that post all these forums. So many people thing Linksys is going to save them from the "evil D-Link Monster".

No one thinks that. Most people would think the opposite, but the linksys router would most likely do exactly as it was designed to do out of box. Whether or not it would last more than a few weeks doing so, that's the scary detail of a question!

Ezekial

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 09:04:05 AM »

Thankfully, Dlink is allowing us to have good discussions on this.

For that reason alone, I have kept my 4500 @ 1.02!!!! lol

I often look to be upgraded to the latest and greatest, but checking here first saved me from that.

Equis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 11:51:23 AM »

Hello,

I just bought this router, and I upgraded from 1.02 to 1.13. I do have to say the internet connection is considerably slower now through wireless, and the range has decreased. What I used to get in range from across my apartment now I have to be half the distance to get a good signal otherwise it slows to a crawl and disappears. I have switched from wireless to wired direct through the DSL modem, and I get a consistent speed wired versus the wireless. I like this router a lot, but I don't know how much of this has to do with the firmware, I just want to let someone know in the forum, that it would be good to downgrade to do some kind of comparison.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 05:24:21 PM »

Any official word on whether or not they'll allow a rollback?

MPDamon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 12:03:10 PM »

The other company has no relevance to the issue here though.  While I do agree that Linksys has it's issues.  I actually owned a small business that serviced a lot of small companies without an IT Staff.  We were using higher end Linksys stuff for the really small ones and Cisco for the more demanding sites.  We ended up agreeing not to buy anymore Linksys products and switched to Dlink products for the smaller sites because of all the issues we had with Linksys.  Have had great luck until the latest run here with my own 4500.  Loved the 4300 which I still hang onto. 

The problem here is the lack of communication and updates.  While I have seen posts where you respond with passing the details along to the team.  I never see any follow up.  The issues go week/months without an update... since most of them have been there since 1.10.  There is also no general update that a planned Beta is upcoming. 

I really hope not to see the support for the 4500 just vanish and move on to another version.  I had that happen to me with the Linksys WRV54G.   You could tell they released it way to early and never got it working correctly.  Instead they just released new versions and pretty much left it to die.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 09:14:21 AM »

We do not have a newer model scheduled for release. The unit is under inspection and we think we've narrowed the issue down. I hope to hear PM's test results today.

MPDamon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 12:10:56 PM »

We do not have a newer model scheduled for release. The unit is under inspection and we think we've narrowed the issue down. I hope to hear PM's test results today.

I applaud you for the update.  Thanks :)
Pages: [1] 2