• April 26, 2024, 08:34:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Should we do something to force d-link fix their worst firmware 1.32NA?  (Read 19988 times)

gomyway

• Level 1 Member
Re: Should we do something to force d-link fix their worst firmware 1.32NA?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 12:48:48 AM »

tbmorris51,

Any more update?

I would like to try these settings too.

Talked with tech support this morning. 
They suggested changing my wireless channel from 6 to 1,
changing Beacon to 50
changing RTS threshold to 2307
changing Fragmentation threshold to 2306

Will watch this for a while and see if internet slowdowns stop and will post back as I gather data.

10-29 update:  Well I am on Day two with the above changes and so far no slowdowns, no need to reset. 
Running Windows 7 Ultimate on 5 computers, and WHS with PP3, a skype adapter, and a ABN alarm adapter.

3cxman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 06:53:30 AM »

This is not a cheap router and has been designed with many good features for modern computing needs.
I would think, that Dlink does not want a bad name though all these items that are broken in firmware build 1.32NA. But, they seem to have this big corp attitude, that they do not care what poeple are saying about this product.

We have been using this router for an IP-PBX product that we market and have had nothing but grief with it, not being able to handle the SIP and tunneling correctly. This is due to the application gateway feature not doing it job correctly in controlling the packets across the NAT. If the router resets, which it does every few hours. The only way to get it working again is to change the static IP address of the IP PBX. WHAT a great pain...  This has been reported to Dlink Tech support, who again give you the attitude of nothing is wrong with their product and are NO help at all.

Therefore, we are replacing all DLink equipment and would not recommend their products to anyone. You will see them on ebay as they are only fit for the casual computer user. who just surf the web :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 08:36:27 AM »

This is not a cheap router and has been designed with many good features for modern computing needs.
I would think, that Dlink does not want a bad name though all these items that are broken in firmware build 1.32NA. But, they seem to have this big corp attitude, that they do not care what poeple are saying about this product.

We have been using this router for an IP-PBX product that we market and have had nothing but grief with it, not being able to handle the SIP and tunneling correctly. This is due to the application gateway feature not doing it job correctly in controlling the packets across the NAT. If the router resets, which it does every few hours. The only way to get it working again is to change the static IP address of the IP PBX. WHAT a great pain...  This has been reported to Dlink Tech support, who again give you the attitude of nothing is wrong with their product and are NO help at all.

Therefore, we are replacing all DLink equipment and would not recommend their products to anyone. You will see them on ebay as they are only fit for the casual computer user. who just surf the web :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

If you rely that much on equipement and service you might refrain from saving every penny and get a pro device with matching service contract. This is still a home router and you will not find many IP PBX's is home environments. And maybe your IP PBX sux....who knows. ;)
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

Kanain

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 08:55:26 AM »

I have the same DMZ, port forwarding, and lock ups that others have documented.  I have made several valuable and helpful posts about this - including that disabling DNS Relay resolved the lock up specific issues, but still makes the router useless to me if I cannot use any of the advanced networking like DMZ or port forwarding.  To date, D-Link CHOSE to kill that thread completely.

I do believe we need to take further action.  Negative word of moth does wonders and seems unfortunately necessary at this point.  Regardless of price, we all spent money for a product that simple does not do what is expected.  It used to, until D-Link provided additional features (that it advertised) and simply do not work.  I upgraded my firmware because I had a need for removable media.  I was FORCED to upgrade further because no-one would addmit or address the lock ups many of use were experiencing.  It was that second firmware upgrade that killed my port forwarding and that should have immediately been adressed by D-Link.  This was their flagship router for this segment of the market and they seem to have abandonded it and their customers who bought it.  Looks like it is back to Cisco/Linksys for me - AND, though this router was for my personl/home use, I do use routers and switches in my everyday life in the IT business.  Guess you can bet where my future purchasing dollars and recommendations to other customers is going!

cbsim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 08:18:11 AM »

Getting disconnected very often, router restart on its own, and web UI hang after upgraded to this firmware. I wonder what they did with this firmware, and why no fix available yet?

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 11:09:36 AM »

Try to reset to factory defaults, reflash the firmware and reconfigure manually (do not load the saved config). In some cases the upgrade is not perfomed well. Maybe a firmware thing, maybe a firmware loader issue, I don't know but it does happen some times.

alphanumeric

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 11:22:46 AM »

Good advice EddieZ, re-flashing to 1.32na fixed my Shareport problems. IMHO it was well worth the time to do it all over again. The only thing I'd add to what he said is don't flash it over a wireless connection.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 01:14:30 PM »

Good advice EddieZ, re-flashing to 1.32na fixed my Shareport problems. IMHO it was well worth the time to do it all over again. The only thing I'd add to what he said is don't flash it over a wireless connection.

Very good addition! the manual does say so too, but who reads those anyway... ;)

hfournier

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2009, 09:55:29 AM »

Two days after doing the factory reset and reflash of 1.32NA, the router went south again and had to be power cycled.

But, after that, I turned off DNS relay and haven't had a problem since. Waiting to see how long it will last...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:03:22 PM by hfournier »

KevTech

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2009, 01:01:39 PM »

Two days after doing the factory reset and reflash of 1.32NA, the router went south again and had to be power cycled.

But, after that, I turned of DNS relay and haven't had a problem since. Waiting to see how long it will last...

Was this 132NA or the new beta 9 that just came out?

hfournier

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »

Was this 132NA or the new beta 9 that just came out?

1.32NA (I haven't dared try the beta)

KevTech

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 03:14:07 PM »

Well....the beta is supposed to fix the DNS relay issue.
I am running the beta without issue of any kind so far.

hfournier

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2009, 03:19:16 PM »

Well....the beta is supposed to fix the DNS relay issue.
I am running the beta without issue of any kind so far.

OK, great! I hope that's it then. The beta feedback thread seems to reflect the same. Please post there in the next few days. In my case, it sometimes took a few days before it locked up.
Pages: 1 2 [3]